New Delhi, Dec 26 People in Delhi can walk through, for a limited period beginning tomorrow, a 1.2-km long service tunnel under Connaught Place, the capital’s oldest shopping hub.
It was during the re-development of Connaught Place that the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) set up the tunnel to house underground cables and water supply lines, NDMC chief Jalaj Shrivastava said.
As part of its centenary celebrations, the NDMC will allow the public to see the tunnel under the guidance of trained officials. The entry will be from 11.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. – from Dec 26 to Jan 5.
- December 31, 2013 Renovated Connaught Place finally inaugurated
- December 23, 2013 NDMC to celebrate 100th birthday
- June 16, 2014 From waste to energy: NDMC doing its bit towards easing power woes
- January 17, 2014 NDMC signs pact with Transparency International
- November 18, 2013 NDMC unveils 24×7 call centre
- October 28, 2013 NDMC to take over Connaught Place renovation
- July 30, 2013 Parking rates in Delhi remain unchanged
- June 19, 2012 Reduce water supply to VVIP areas: Dikshit to DJB
- July 14, 2014 NDMC starts tiffin service
- July 7, 2014 NDMC to set up solar panels on 40 buildings
- June 23, 2014 NDMC to provide birth, death certificates free
- March 10, 2014 NDMC helps women to empower themselves
- September 2, 2011 Metro hikes parking fees from Sep 8
- August 26, 2012 India win U-19 World Cup as Chand-Patel overpower Australia
- June 8, 2012 Prime Minister pushes for infrastructure-led growth
- August 29, 2012 Supreme Court backs death for Kasab
- January 23, 2013 India to explore oil and gas in Niger
- April 5, 2013 Ongoing Economic Distress: UNMISTAKABLE SINKING FEELING…
- February 21, 2012 Code Of ‘Misconduct’: WHO’s MORAL IN IMMORAL EYES!….
- July 28, 2014 Indian companies allowed to buy and flag ships abroad
- June 20, 2013 Kedarnath shrine safe, everything else destroyed: official
- October 30, 2013 HUDCO has signed an MoU with School of Planning & Architecture
- October 31, 2013 Hike diesel price by Rs.5 a litre, says Parikh Panel
- June 2, 2014 RBI governor calls on Narendra Modi
- January 24, 2014 IBM to sell server business to China’s Lenovo for $2.3 bn
- September 26, 2013 US experts moot `game changing’ ways to boost India-US trade
- May 19, 2013 PM to attend SEBI silver jubilee May 24
- September 9, 2013 The Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh releasing the commemorative postage stamp in memory of Lala Jagat Narayan
- March 24, 2014 Kerala firm gets Rs.20 mn from Gates Foundation
- March 21, 2013 Rajasthan gets nod for Rs.40,500 crore plan outlay