New Delhi, Dec 26 People in Delhi can walk through, for a limited period beginning tomorrow, a 1.2-km long service tunnel under Connaught Place, the capital’s oldest shopping hub.
It was during the re-development of Connaught Place that the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) set up the tunnel to house underground cables and water supply lines, NDMC chief Jalaj Shrivastava said.
As part of its centenary celebrations, the NDMC will allow the public to see the tunnel under the guidance of trained officials. The entry will be from 11.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. – from Dec 26 to Jan 5.
- December 31, 2013 Renovated Connaught Place finally inaugurated
- December 23, 2013 NDMC to celebrate 100th birthday
- June 16, 2014 From waste to energy: NDMC doing its bit towards easing power woes
- January 17, 2014 NDMC signs pact with Transparency International
- November 18, 2013 NDMC unveils 24×7 call centre
- October 28, 2013 NDMC to take over Connaught Place renovation
- July 30, 2013 Parking rates in Delhi remain unchanged
- June 19, 2012 Reduce water supply to VVIP areas: Dikshit to DJB
- July 14, 2014 NDMC starts tiffin service
- July 7, 2014 NDMC to set up solar panels on 40 buildings
- June 23, 2014 NDMC to provide birth, death certificates free
- March 10, 2014 NDMC helps women to empower themselves
- September 2, 2011 Metro hikes parking fees from Sep 8
- August 16, 2013 Karnataka CM bats for economic independence
- December 17, 2013 Nearly 30 percent Italians at risk of poverty: Report
- November 8, 2014 Coal block auction rules being prepared: Piyush Goyal
- April 17, 2013 Coca-Cola sale rises 8 percent in India
- January 23, 2012 Port connectivity projects will be completed
- February 10, 2013 US digs out after blizzard; 400,000 still powerless
- April 26, 2014 North Korea detains US tourist
- June 25, 2014 Air India joins Star Alliance, sees 5 percent revenue jump
- August 22, 2013 Missing files with CBI: Coal Ministry
- April 26, 2013 ?????????? ?????? ??? ?? “????????” ?? ?????
- June 7, 2013 US trade group lobbies for free entry of Indian techies
- February 19, 2013 The MoS (IC) for Power, Jyotiraditya Madhavrao Scindia addressing a press conference, in New Delhi on Feb 19, 2013.
- April 17, 2012 Bihar’s Srividhi campaign arouses interest in other states
- October 27, 2014 Nagaland to protect world’s longest-distance migratory falcons
- May 20, 2014 Jung asks officials to ready Delhi for monsoon
- July 30, 2014 Assam seeks central help for skill development centres
- February 8, 2014 India-US partnership would keep growing after poll: US