New Delhi, Dec 26 People in Delhi can walk through, for a limited period beginning tomorrow, a 1.2-km long service tunnel under Connaught Place, the capital’s oldest shopping hub.
It was during the re-development of Connaught Place that the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) set up the tunnel to house underground cables and water supply lines, NDMC chief Jalaj Shrivastava said.
As part of its centenary celebrations, the NDMC will allow the public to see the tunnel under the guidance of trained officials. The entry will be from 11.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. – from Dec 26 to Jan 5.
- December 31, 2013 Renovated Connaught Place finally inaugurated
- December 23, 2013 NDMC to celebrate 100th birthday
- June 16, 2014 From waste to energy: NDMC doing its bit towards easing power woes
- January 17, 2014 NDMC signs pact with Transparency International
- November 18, 2013 NDMC unveils 24×7 call centre
- October 28, 2013 NDMC to take over Connaught Place renovation
- July 30, 2013 Parking rates in Delhi remain unchanged
- June 19, 2012 Reduce water supply to VVIP areas: Dikshit to DJB
- July 14, 2014 NDMC starts tiffin service
- July 7, 2014 NDMC to set up solar panels on 40 buildings
- June 23, 2014 NDMC to provide birth, death certificates free
- March 10, 2014 NDMC helps women to empower themselves
- September 2, 2011 Metro hikes parking fees from Sep 8
- March 15, 2014 Airport users to get facility to pay charges from air
- April 28, 2014 SC suspends death sentence of Red Fort shootout convict
- September 18, 2014 The Prime Minister, Narendra Modi and the Chinese President, Xi Jinping at Sabarmati Waterfront, in Ahmedabad
- August 6, 2012 SAIL Turnover Up in Q1 at Rs. 11912 Cr
- September 25, 2014 Modi unveils mega food park in Karnataka
- October 22, 2014 Ismail Ali Khan to head Telangana Electricity Regulatory Commission
- July 31, 2013 Government raises interest subsidy to revive exports
- September 13, 2013 Muzaffarnagar peaceful, death toll climbs to 43
- October 4, 2011 Sudhir Vasudeva is new CMD of ONGC
- September 25, 2012 NTPC Quick Off The Blocks to Raise Us$ 500 Million
- June 8, 2013 The Ambassador of USA in India, Nancy J. Powell, called on the Union Home Minister, Sushil Kumar Shinde
- September 16, 2014 Modi regime offers opportunity to reenergise US-India ties: US expert
- October 26, 2013 India’s Power Grid wins tender to manage Ethiopian power co.
- July 29, 2014 The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha briefing the Union Minister for Finance, Corporate Affairs and Defence, Arun Jaitley
- October 5, 2011 Makrand Nene joins IndianOil Board as Director (Marketing)
- October 18, 2013 The PM, Dr. Manmohan Singh shaking hands with the PM of the Republic of Hungary, Viktor Orban, at the joint press statements
- April 21, 2014 Pakistan, China hold joint military exercise