New Delhi, Dec 26 People in Delhi can walk through, for a limited period beginning tomorrow, a 1.2-km long service tunnel under Connaught Place, the capital’s oldest shopping hub.
It was during the re-development of Connaught Place that the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) set up the tunnel to house underground cables and water supply lines, NDMC chief Jalaj Shrivastava said.
As part of its centenary celebrations, the NDMC will allow the public to see the tunnel under the guidance of trained officials. The entry will be from 11.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. – from Dec 26 to Jan 5.
- December 31, 2013 Renovated Connaught Place finally inaugurated
- December 23, 2013 NDMC to celebrate 100th birthday
- June 16, 2014 From waste to energy: NDMC doing its bit towards easing power woes
- January 17, 2014 NDMC signs pact with Transparency International
- November 18, 2013 NDMC unveils 24×7 call centre
- October 28, 2013 NDMC to take over Connaught Place renovation
- July 30, 2013 Parking rates in Delhi remain unchanged
- June 19, 2012 Reduce water supply to VVIP areas: Dikshit to DJB
- July 14, 2014 NDMC starts tiffin service
- July 7, 2014 NDMC to set up solar panels on 40 buildings
- June 23, 2014 NDMC to provide birth, death certificates free
- March 10, 2014 NDMC helps women to empower themselves
- September 2, 2011 Metro hikes parking fees from Sep 8
- April 30, 2012 Why no social security for unorganised workers, NAC asks government
- September 14, 2013 Petrol price hiked by Rs.1.63
- July 19, 2013 Government clears Rs.600 crore for railways projects in north east
- December 15, 2011 West Bengal has got Rs.56,000 crore investment: Mamata
- January 11, 2014 Deeply regret India decision to expel diplomat, says US
- October 14, 2013 Indonesia, South Korea agree to develop SEZ
- June 24, 2013 Mandela in critical condition
- September 4, 2011 Italy may unfreeze $3.6 bn of Libyan assets
- April 11, 2013 Rally in Washington for immigration reform
- March 4, 2013 The President, Pranab Mukherjee being welcomed by the President of Bangladesh, Md. Zillur Rahman
- May 23, 2014 Sonia likely to head Congress Parliamentary Party again
- February 24, 2014 Beware: Pigeon feeding can be at your health’s cost!
- October 17, 2012 CII seeks new Himachal industrial policy
- January 15, 2014 Indian envoy meets top US official to ease tensions
- July 4, 2014 Three Indian nurses injured as Sunni insurgents move them
- May 5, 2012 Syndicate bank net up marginally in Q4
- February 28, 2013 REC Pays Rs.445.23 Crore Interim Dividend to MoP