Beijing, Aug 22
US Vice President Joe Biden Monday left Chengdu, capital of Sichuan province, ending his six-day official visit to China.
During his stay, Biden met President Hu Jintao, top legislator Wu Bangguo and Premier Wen Jiabao in Beijing.
Vice President Xi Jinping held talks with him also in the capital, and the two leaders jointly visited a high school, reported Xinhua.
“I think the two leaders — Xi and Biden — developed a strong personal relationship,” said US Ambassador to China Gary Locke.
Noting that Biden’s visit was “productive and successful”, Locke said Biden believes personal relationships are key to improving relations and avoiding mistrust and miscalculation.
“Our two countries’ economies are so inter-dependent,” Locke said, citing Biden’s remarks that the US and China “have a stake in each other’s success”.
Biden arrived in Beijing last Wednesday at the invitation of Xi.
- Hillary Clinton takes the rap for security lapse in Libya
- The President, Pranab Mukherjee, the President, Mohd. Hamid Ansari, the Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh and other dignitaries at the Sarva Dharma Prarthana Sabha, at the Samadhi of former Prime Minister, Late Rajiv Gandhi
- The Ambassador of Japan in India, Takeshi Yagi calls on the Vice President, Mohd. Hamid Ansari, in New Delhi on May 08, 2013.
- China to buy 60 Airbus jets
- The Governor of Maharashtra, K. Sankaranarayanan presenting a memento to the Vice President, Mohd. Hamid Ansari
- The Vice President, Mohammad Hamid Ansari, the Speaker, Lok Sabha, Meira Kumar at the Samadhi of Babu Jagjivan Ram.
- Russia opens drifting Arctic base
- The Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh with his wife Gursharan Kaur greeting the Vice President, Mohd. Hamid Ansari
- The Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh during BRICS family photo, at the Fifth BRICS Summit, at Durban, South Africa.
- Xi takes charge of China