Moscow, Aug 26
Russian space agency Roscosmos and America’s NASA are working to maintain International Space Station (ISS) operations after a Russian cargo spaceship crashed, Roscosmos said Thursday.
The two space agencies have been working out issues related to launch of cargo and manned spaceships to the ISS, Roscosmos spokeswoman Anna Vedisheva was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
On Wednesday, the Progress M-12M cargo spaceship failed to reach its designated orbit after the engine of the Soyuz-U carrier rocket shut off during the ascent. As a result, some three tonnes of cargo meant for the ISS was lost.
The Soyuz-U carrier rocket blasted off from the Baikonur Space Centre in Kazakhstan Wednesday.
After separating from the carrier rocket Wednesday, the Progress M-12M space freighter fell in south Siberia.
- May 1, 2013 NASA extends Russia space travel deal
- February 23, 2012 Russia to launch 100 military satellites
- October 30, 2011 Russian space freighter undocks from ISS
- September 1, 2014 BHEL looks at Russia, Kazakhstan, others for market diversification
- September 1, 2014 China, Russia to start joint gas pipeline construction
- August 22, 2014 NASA plans to send rats to space for longer duration
- July 26, 2014 US sanctions against Russia cause spike in sale of AK-47
- July 25, 2014 Canada announces sanctions against Russia, Ukraine
- July 24, 2014 India should not see Ukraine as ‘enemy of my friend’: Ukrainian ambassador
- July 21, 2014 France, Germany, Britain to press Russia on MH17
- July 17, 2014 Russia warns of retaliation over Western ‘blackmail’ sanctions
- July 15, 2014 Indian Navy officers reach Russia for joint naval exercise
- July 10, 2014 Russia to work on UNSC resolution over Syria
- July 3, 2014 Russia warns of full-scale gas crisis in Ukraine
- July 1, 2014 ‘Russia building super-heavy space rockets’
- June 30, 2014 India puts into orbit five foreign satellites
- June 27, 2014 Russian navy launches new electric submarine
- June 26, 2014 Russia seeks to make nuclear power cost-effective
- June 20, 2014 Russia eyes new strategic vision of cooperation with India
- June 16, 2014 Russia demands pre-payment for gas from Ukraine
- June 10, 2014 NASA says ‘Hello World’ from space via laser
- May 15, 2014 Russia to hit back at Western sanctions: Minister
- May 9, 2014 Russia to retaliate US, Canadian sanctions
- April 30, 2014 US, EU sanctions defy common sense: Russia
- April 30, 2014 EU announces new support worth $505 mn for Ukraine
- April 28, 2014 South Africa keen to host BRICS Development Bank
- April 19, 2014 Russia favours closer economic ties with China
- April 18, 2014 Obama warns Russia of new sanctions
- April 9, 2014 Russia blames NATO of cold war mentality
- April 9, 2014 EU files case against Russia over pig import issue