Jammu, July 14 The Planning Commission approved a record Rs.7,300 crore annual plan for Jammu and Kashmir for 2012-13.
“This is the highest ever plan allocation for any fiscal year in the history of Jammu and Kashmir,” an official spokesman said.
The announcement followed Chief Minister Omar Abdullah’s meeting with Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission Montek Singh Ahluwalia.
He said the Planning Commission also approved Rs.700 crore under the Prime Minister Reconstruction Plan.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had in 2004 announced a Rs.24,000 crore reconstruction plan for the state.
“The Commission broadly endorsed the priorities of the state government reflected under the 12th Five Year Plan.
“The Planning Commission has agreed to provide additional central resources of Rs.6,384 crore – Rs.4,400 crore as Special Central Assistance (SCA) and Rs.1,984 crore as Special Plan Assistance (SPA) to finance the approved annual plan,” the spokesman said.
- The Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Prithviraj Chavan along with senior State officials meeting the Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia
- The Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia with the Ministers from participating Nations, in a group photograph, at the 4th Clean Energy Ministerial conference
- Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh addressing the 4th Clean Energy Ministerial, in New Delhi on April 17, 2013.
- The Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia, the United States Secretary of Energy, Dr. Steven Chu and the Energy Minister of South Africa, Elizabeth Dipuo Peters
- The PM, Dr. Manmohan Singh releasing a report at the International Workshop on Green National Accounting for India
- Rajasthan gets nod for Rs.40,500 crore plan outlay
- The Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh at the 57th National Development Council meeting, in New Delhi on Dec 27, 2012.
- The Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia and the Chairperson, High Level Committee on Financing Infrastructure, Deepak Parekh, at a press conference
- Vice President, Mohd. Hamid Ansari in conversation with the Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir, Omar Abdullah
- Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, montek Singh Ahluwalia briefing the media on the outcome of the Full Planning Commission meeting on “Twelfth Five Year Plan”