Mumbai, June 08 : The Governor of Maharashtra K. Sankaranarayanan on Friday administered oath of office to the new Chief Information Commissioner of Maharashtra Ratnakar Yashwant Gaikwad at a brief ceremony held at the Darbar Hall of Raj Bhavan Mumbai.
The term of Gaikwad as State Information Chief will be five years or until he attains the age of sixty five years, whichever is earlier.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Ministers Patangrao Kadam and Balasaheb Thorat, Chief Secretary Jayantkumar Banthia, Lokayukta Justice (retd) P B Gaikwad, Upa Lokayukta Johny Joseph, former Chief Information Commissioners and Information Commissioners, senior officers of the State Government and family members of Ratnakar Gaikwad were present on the occasion.
Gaikwad retired as State Chief Secretary on 31 May 2012.
The Governor has made the appointment of Gaikwad exercising the powers conferred upon him by the Right to Information Act, 2005.
- The President, Pranab Mukherjee conferred the Honorary Membership of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan upon R. Narayan Murthy
- Governor of Maharashtra, K. Sankaranarayanan presenting the 1st copy of the INDIA CHEM-2012 to the President, Pranab Mukherjee
- Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh being received by the Governor of Maharashtra, K. Sankaranarayanan and the Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Prithviraj Chavan
- The Governor of Maharashtra, K. Sankaranarayanan presenting a memento to the Vice President, Mohd. Hamid Ansari
- The PM, Dr. Manmohan Singh, the Chairperson, National Advisory Council, Sonia Gandhi, the Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Prithviraj Chavan with the family members of the late Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh during his funeral ceremony
- Governor of Maharashtra K. Sankaranarayanan and Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan met the President of Maldives Dr Mohamed Waheed Hassan at Raj Bhavan, Mumbai.
- The Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Prithviraj Chavan along with senior State officials meeting the Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia
- Minister for Agriculture and Food Processing Industries, Sharad Pawar, and other dignitaries launch the Sahana Group’s New Marathi Channel “Jai Maharashtra”.
- Maharashtra gets Rs.5.47 bn as drought relief
- The Governor of Maharashtra K. Sankaranarayanan today garlanded the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj