New York, Sep 25
After a 45-minute meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Finance minister Pranab Mukherjee declined to comment on the 2G spectrum issue, saying the matter was sub-judice and he needed to first find out its legal implications.
Like Manmohan Singh, he too suggested that Sunday’s meeting was essentially to brief the prime minister about his interactions in the US as he was leaving for Kolkata for the Puja holidays the day after reaching Delhi.
Describing Home Minister P. Chidambaram as “our valued colleague”, Mukherjee said he would first to have to go through all the papers and talk to the law minister to find out the legal implications of a finance ministry note regarding Chidambram’s role in the allocation of 2G spectrum.
- A popular touch to President Pranab’s At Home reception
- Pranab, senior Congress leaders meet PM
- Pranab says he will comment on 2G issue only in India
- ‘Spectrum could have been auctioned if Chidambaram wanted’
- The President, Pranab Mukherjee inaugurating the Grass-roots Innovation Exhibition
- The President, Pranab Mukherjee and other dignitaries at the ‘Technology Day 2013’ Celebrations, in New Delhi.
- President calls for increasing expenditure on research
- The Ambassador-designate of the Republic of Ecuador, Mentor Patricio Villagomez Merino presented his credentials to the President, Pranab Mukherjee
- The High Commissioner-designate of the Republic of Maldives, ohamed Naseer presented his credentials to the President, Pranab Mukherjee
- The Ambassador-designate of the Republic of Lithuania, Laimonas Talt-Kelpsa presented his credentials to the President, Pranab Mukherjee