New Delhi, Dec 31 : Joint Venture agreement between Bihar State Power (Holding) Company Limited (BSPHCL) & Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID), a Govt. of India Enterprise was signed on 29.12.2012 at Patna in presence of the Bijendra Prasad Yadav Energy Minister, R.N.Nayak,CMD,POWERGRID and P.K.Rai, Chairman, BSPHCL and other dignitaries. The name of the joint venture company will be Bihar Grid Company Ltd.
This JV Company will take up the works of strengthening and augmentation of transmission system in Bihar. It is expected that more than 6000 MW electricity will be available in the state from different sources by the end of 12th plan. The state – wide transmission of this bulk power shall require construction of new transmission grid sub-stations and transmission lines of 400/220/132 kV levels.
The salient features of the JV Company will be:-
- Both POWERGRID & BSPHCL shall have 50:50 share in the new company i.e, Bihar Grid Co. Ltd.
- The number of directors from both the companies shall be same in the new company.
- The transmission sector of the state will be benefitted with the enhanced Techno Managerial Expertise.
- The efforts of the State to bring it at par with the rest of the nation have received a fillip with this initiative.
POWERGRID is already implementing the final phases of Transmission works that were covered under Rashtriya Sam Vikas Yojana (RSVY) in Bihar at a cost of approximately Rs.3000 Cr. The current augmentation will take place in two more phases of Rs. 6300 Cr. & Rs. 10,000 Cr. so as to enable the State in achieving the projected national per capita consumption of 1275 units by 2016-17. The tariff will be determined by BERC.
- June 23, 2014 PGCIL awarded with “BT-Star PSU Excellence Awards 2014″
- May 22, 2014 POWERGRID Donates Ambulance to General Hospital, Gurgaon under CSR
- December 3, 2013 Power Grid Corporation’s FPO opens December 3
- July 26, 2013 POWERGRID conferred ‘’Special Jury Award for Lasting Impact on Indian Economy”
- June 22, 2013 POWERGRID conferred with “PowerLine Awards-2013 for Best Performing Transmission Company”
- April 4, 2013 POWERGRID organizes GRIDTECH 2013
- November 1, 2012 POWERGRID’s is observing Vigilance awareness Week
- September 1, 2011 R. N. Nayak assumes charge of CMD, POWERGRID
- November 7, 2013 POWERGRID observes Vigilance Awareness Week 2013
- October 10, 2013 REC Assigns RGGVY Kushinagar project to PGCIL
- June 10, 2013 POWERGRID signs Agreements with six NER States
- March 26, 2013 POWERGRID signed MoU with Ministry of Power
- March 5, 2013 POWERGRID pays interim dividend of Rs.745.39 Crore for FY 2012-13
- February 23, 2013 CMD, PGCIL conferred with ‘CEO with HR Orientation’ Award by Institute of Public Enterprises
- October 11, 2012 POWERGRID declares total dividend of Rs. 976.89 Crore
- October 4, 2012 CMD, Power Grid Corporation of India, R.N. Nayak presenting a dividend cheque to the Union Minister for Corporate Affairs and Power, Dr. M. Veerappa Moily, in New Delhi on October 04, 2012.
- September 20, 2012 POWERGRID’s 23rd Annual General Meeting held
- May 17, 2012 R. N. Nayak, CMD Powergrid getting “Best Performing Transmission Company” award from Power Minister Sushilkumar Shinde
- March 31, 2012 A loan agreement signed by the Chairman & Managing Director, POWERGRID, R.N. Nayak
- February 27, 2012 POWERGRID pays interim dividend of Rs. 370.38 Crore
- October 8, 2011 POWERGRID declares total dividend of `810.23 Crore
- September 21, 2011 POWERGRID to Invest Rs. 100,000 cr in the 12th Plan
- August 25, 2014 PM dedicates the 765 kV S/c Ranchi –Dharamjaygarh – Sipat transmission line
- August 5, 2014 POWERGRID Q1 profit rises 9% at Rs. 1137 crore
- July 4, 2014 POWERGRID has been conferred “Training Excellence in HR Gold Award” for outstanding achievements in Training.
- July 2, 2014 Ravi P. Singh, Director(Personnel), POWERGRID has been conferred with “HR Leader Platinum Award”
- May 31, 2014 POWERGRID FY 14 profit rises 6 % at Rs. 4,497 crore
- March 12, 2014 POWERGRID conferred with “Public Service Excellence Award 2014”
- March 6, 2014 Naresh Kumar, CM(CC), POWERGRID awarded by Media Press Club
- March 3, 2014 Power Grid to invest Rs.575 crore in two projects