New Delhi, Dec 31 : Joint Venture agreement between Bihar State Power (Holding) Company Limited (BSPHCL) & Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID), a Govt. of India Enterprise was signed on 29.12.2012 at Patna in presence of the Bijendra Prasad Yadav Energy Minister, R.N.Nayak,CMD,POWERGRID and P.K.Rai, Chairman, BSPHCL and other dignitaries. The name of the joint venture company will be Bihar Grid Company Ltd.
This JV Company will take up the works of strengthening and augmentation of transmission system in Bihar. It is expected that more than 6000 MW electricity will be available in the state from different sources by the end of 12th plan. The state – wide transmission of this bulk power shall require construction of new transmission grid sub-stations and transmission lines of 400/220/132 kV levels.
The salient features of the JV Company will be:-
- Both POWERGRID & BSPHCL shall have 50:50 share in the new company i.e, Bihar Grid Co. Ltd.
- The number of directors from both the companies shall be same in the new company.
- The transmission sector of the state will be benefitted with the enhanced Techno Managerial Expertise.
- The efforts of the State to bring it at par with the rest of the nation have received a fillip with this initiative.
POWERGRID is already implementing the final phases of Transmission works that were covered under Rashtriya Sam Vikas Yojana (RSVY) in Bihar at a cost of approximately Rs.3000 Cr. The current augmentation will take place in two more phases of Rs. 6300 Cr. & Rs. 10,000 Cr. so as to enable the State in achieving the projected national per capita consumption of 1275 units by 2016-17. The tariff will be determined by BERC.
- POWERGRID organizes GRIDTECH 2013
- POWERGRID conferred with “PowerLine Awards-2013 for Best Performing Transmission Company”
- Power Grid Corporation’s FPO opens December 3
- POWERGRID conferred ‘’Special Jury Award for Lasting Impact on Indian Economy”
- R. N. Nayak assumes charge of CMD, POWERGRID
- POWERGRID’s is observing Vigilance awareness Week
- POWERGRID signed MoU with Ministry of Power
- POWERGRID pays interim dividend of Rs.745.39 Crore for FY 2012-13
- POWERGRID declares total dividend of Rs. 976.89 Crore
- POWERGRID’s 23rd Annual General Meeting held
- POWERGRID pays interim dividend of Rs. 370.38 Crore
- CMD, Power Grid Corporation of India, R.N. Nayak presenting a dividend cheque to the Union Minister for Corporate Affairs and Power, Dr. M. Veerappa Moily, in New Delhi on October 04, 2012.
- POWERGRID declares total dividend of `810.23 Crore
- CMD, PGCIL conferred with ‘CEO with HR Orientation’ Award by Institute of Public Enterprises
- POWERGRID signs Agreements with six NER States
- POWERGRID to Invest Rs. 100,000 cr in the 12th Plan
- POWERGRID observes Vigilance Awareness Week 2013
- R. N. Nayak, CMD Powergrid getting “Best Performing Transmission Company” award from Power Minister Sushilkumar Shinde
- REC Assigns RGGVY Kushinagar project to PGCIL
- A loan agreement signed by the Chairman & Managing Director, POWERGRID, R.N. Nayak
- PGCIL to develop UP towns as ‘smart-grid’ cities
- POWERGRID awarded Excellence at India Pride Awards 2013-14
- POWERGRID CMD conferred with “Eminent Electrical Engineer Award”
- CMD Powergrid Visits Grand Basant Mela organized by “Srishti”
- POWERGRID signs contract agreement with Myanmar’s Ministry of Electric Power
- POWERGRID Q1 profit rises 23% at 870 cr
- POWERGRID team beats other Corporates to win National Championship
- RECTPCL, hands over SPV to Powergrid
- POWERGRID awarded consultancy contract in Bhutan
- Six POWERGRID projects bag National Awards