Chennai, Jan 23 The two major road projects that will ease in and outbound traffic at Chennai Port Trust will be completed at the earliest, central ministers G.K. Vasan and C.P. Joshi said Monday.
Vasan (shipping) and Joshi (transport and highways) reviewed the two major road projects along with officials of the state government, Chennai Port Trust and National Highways Authority of India.
One is the Ennore Manali Road Improvement Project (EMRIP) and the other the Chennai Port-Maduravoyal Elevated Expressway.
“The Rs.600 crore EMRIP will be commissioned by June 2013,” Vasan told reporters. “We are adhering to the target date,” added Joshi.
- Highways authority to raise Rs.10,000 crore through bonds
- Four-laning of NH-22 needs Rs.2,730 crore: Virbhadra
- Flaws on highways to be fixed to cut accidents
- 3 minister of state portfolios changes
- The CMD, Cochin Shipyard (CSL), Kartik Subramaniam presenting a dividend cheque to the Union Minister for Shipping, G.K. Vasan, in New Delhi on October 11, 2012.
- The CMD, Rural Electrification Corporation, Rajeev Sharma presenting a dividend cheque to the Union Minister for Corporate Affairs and Power, Dr. M. Veerappa Moily
- A Letter of Intent (LOI) being signed between the Ministry of Shipping, Govt. of India and Department of Mobility & Works, Govt. of Flanders, Belgium, in New Delhi on September 14, 2012.
- Meghalaya chief minister seeks assistance for road projects
- Himachal-Haryana bypass opens for motorists
- PM directs highways ministry to speed up projects