New Delhi, April 21 The Planning Commission approved the 2012-13 annual plan outlay of Rs.14,010 crore for Kerala.
There is a substantial increase in the outlay for education, healthcare, infrastructure and social sector.
The annual plan outlay for the state was approved at a meeting between Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia and Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy here.
During the meeting Ahluwalia asked the state government to give special attention to boost growth of agriculture sector as its performance had not been satisfactory in the recent years.
He pointed out that the share of agriculture and industry in the state’s gross domestic product (GDP) has fallen gradually in the recent years.
The services sector accounted for 69.7 percent of the state’s GDP, followed by industry sector 20.5 percent and agriculture sector 9.8 percent in 2011-12.
“The state was advised to take initiatives aimed at reviving interest in agriculture including crop diversification and allied sectors. Need for power tariff revision and unbundling of state electricity board was also suggested,” according to a statement released by the Planning Commission.
Chandy said the actual investment in the state was expected to be far greater than the planned outlay as the government would actively promote public-private-partnership (PPP) for infrastructure development.
Chandy said apart from agriculture there will be substantial increase in outlay for social sector, including education and public healthcare.
- The Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia and the Minister of NDRC of the People’s Republic of China, Xu Shaoshi signing an MoU
- The Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Prithviraj Chavan along with senior State officials meeting the Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia
- The Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia with the Ministers from participating Nations, in a group photograph, at the 4th Clean Energy Ministerial conference
- Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh addressing the 4th Clean Energy Ministerial, in New Delhi on April 17, 2013.
- The Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia, the United States Secretary of Energy, Dr. Steven Chu and the Energy Minister of South Africa, Elizabeth Dipuo Peters
- The PM, Dr. Manmohan Singh releasing a report at the International Workshop on Green National Accounting for India
- The Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh at the 57th National Development Council meeting, in New Delhi on Dec 27, 2012.
- The Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia and the Chairperson, High Level Committee on Financing Infrastructure, Deepak Parekh, at a press conference
- Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, montek Singh Ahluwalia briefing the media on the outcome of the Full Planning Commission meeting on “Twelfth Five Year Plan”
- Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia releasing the Guidelines for National Electricity Fund, at the State Power Ministers Conference