New Delhi, Feb 16 : Bollywood movies have for long popularised foreign destinations in India and now the same tool will be used to promote Indian destinations among foreign travellers and filmmakers.
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and Ministry of Tourism Thursday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to enhance the reach of Incredible India through cinema with the aim of increasing inbound flow of tourists by five million over the next four years.
The MoU was signed in the presence of Minister for Information and Broadcasting Ambika Soni and Minister for Tourism Subodh Kant Sahai.
The MoU will provide an impetus to frame policies and guidelines for facilitating shooting of international films in India and promote the country as a destination for filming movies.
“Movies have played a big role in making destinations known… We will work with states for single-window permission so that movie makers find it easy to get permissions for shooting,” Sahai said.
Tourism ministry official said that the MoU is expected to increase foreign tourists footfall in the country from 0.6 percent to one percent by the end of 12th Five Year plan and that India can register 11.37 million foreign tourist arrivals by 2016 compared to 6.29 million in 2011.
- May 6, 2014 Tripigator.com Launched in Partnership with Incredible India
- April 15, 2013 Maha Kumbh Mela: CAPTURING INCREDIBLE INDIA!
- April 15, 2012 Finetune policies to promote community tourism: Study
- January 27, 2012 Hunger & Affluence: INCREDIBLE INDIA, INDEED …
- January 13, 2012 India holds road shows in Saudi Arabia to attract tourists
- August 12, 2011 Wheel chair bound persons on beyond barriers Incredible India Tour called on the Union Tourism Minister, Subodh Kant Sahay
- June 14, 2013 Thousands of gmail accounts hacked in Iran, says Google
- December 21, 2013 K. R. Kamath received the ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’
- September 26, 2013 Sensex trades flat during pre-noon session
- January 7, 2014 Indian meat processor sets up plant in Ethiopia
- August 16, 2013 Curfew continues in Kishtwar, home secretary arrives
- May 21, 2014 Delhi LG puts off sealing industrial units
- February 11, 2013 ASSOCHAM Ladies League opens Hyderabad chapter
- April 28, 2012 From Killing Fields to Hostage Crisis: NAXALITES CONTINUE TO CALL SHOTS…
- June 17, 2014 US calls for more efforts to protect oceans
- January 30, 2012 ONGC Retired Officers’ Conclave
- March 16, 2012 Highlights of Union Budget 2012-13
- September 9, 2013 Indian insurers seek appellate tribunal against IRDA penalties
- September 9, 2014 From Your Lordship To Jee Huzoor: CONSTITUTIONALLY JUST NOT DONE! …
- February 19, 2013 UAE, Serbia sign agreements
- July 2, 2014 External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj during a meeting with Singapore’s Foreign and Law Minister K Shanmugam in New Delhi.
- May 30, 2013 IndiGo to add seven new flights on domestic sector
- March 4, 2014 Capital gets new entertainment zone
- August 19, 2014 Indians in Kuwait celebrate Independence Day
- February 3, 2012 Power Crisis: NEW STRATEGY CRITICAL…
- March 19, 2014 No funds to finance power subsidy, Delhi government to HC
- November 13, 2013 SAI to invest in Kerala
- October 21, 2014 Bihar shutdown disrupts rail, road traffic
- May 20, 2014 Congress bags Kalwakurthy assembly seat in Telangana
- May 22, 2013 Chavan invites investments from China