New Delhi, Feb 16 : Bollywood movies have for long popularised foreign destinations in India and now the same tool will be used to promote Indian destinations among foreign travellers and filmmakers.
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and Ministry of Tourism Thursday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to enhance the reach of Incredible India through cinema with the aim of increasing inbound flow of tourists by five million over the next four years.
The MoU was signed in the presence of Minister for Information and Broadcasting Ambika Soni and Minister for Tourism Subodh Kant Sahai.
The MoU will provide an impetus to frame policies and guidelines for facilitating shooting of international films in India and promote the country as a destination for filming movies.
“Movies have played a big role in making destinations known… We will work with states for single-window permission so that movie makers find it easy to get permissions for shooting,” Sahai said.
Tourism ministry official said that the MoU is expected to increase foreign tourists footfall in the country from 0.6 percent to one percent by the end of 12th Five Year plan and that India can register 11.37 million foreign tourist arrivals by 2016 compared to 6.29 million in 2011.
- May 6, 2014 Tripigator.com Launched in Partnership with Incredible India
- April 15, 2013 Maha Kumbh Mela: CAPTURING INCREDIBLE INDIA!
- April 15, 2012 Finetune policies to promote community tourism: Study
- January 27, 2012 Hunger & Affluence: INCREDIBLE INDIA, INDEED …
- January 13, 2012 India holds road shows in Saudi Arabia to attract tourists
- August 12, 2011 Wheel chair bound persons on beyond barriers Incredible India Tour called on the Union Tourism Minister, Subodh Kant Sahay
- November 23, 2011 Khaleda Zia writes to Manmohan over Tipaimukh Dam project
- August 16, 2014 Kudankulam nuclear plant to restart soon
- August 19, 2014 Indian colours, floats celebrate I-Day in New York
- January 31, 2014 Hyderabad-born Satya Nadella may be Microsoft’s new CEO
- June 23, 2014 India to deepen reform process: Arvind Mayaram
- September 19, 2014 Modi-Xi talks culminate in 16 agreements
- November 9, 2013 Kuwait-India energy trade can be strategic partnership: PM
- February 11, 2014 Sri Lanka may ban sending of housemaids abroad
- May 28, 2014 No power cuts in Tamil Nadu effective June: Jayalalithaa
- June 3, 2014 A ministry for the Himalayas: Not a day too soon
- May 24, 2011 India to introduce new rupee symbol on currency soon
- April 24, 2013 The Tamil Googly: PLIANT UPA MAKES A MESS…
- July 11, 2014 Lok Sabha passes Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill
- September 17, 2014 Terminator Hero Arnold Swarznager in Chennai
- October 1, 2013 India-Mozambique trade could double by 2016: Anand Sharma
- September 21, 2013 Rajnath Singh calls off Muzaffarnagar visit
- August 6, 2013 Seemandhra employees plan strike from Aug 12
- December 9, 2013 Poll results send message of corruption-free rule: India Inc
- June 19, 2014 ‘Curbs on onion exports to help arrest price rise’
- August 29, 2012 Vijay, Yogeshwar awarded Khel Ratna; Yuvraj gets Arjuna
- August 19, 2012 Himachal may see heavy rains, rivers in spate
- March 14, 2013 REC signed ECB agreement for US $250 million at Hong Kong
- July 10, 2013 PM calls for removing bottlenecks to boost manufacturing
- July 24, 2013 Bihar grows faster than national economy