New Delhi, Feb 16 : Bollywood movies have for long popularised foreign destinations in India and now the same tool will be used to promote Indian destinations among foreign travellers and filmmakers.
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and Ministry of Tourism Thursday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to enhance the reach of Incredible India through cinema with the aim of increasing inbound flow of tourists by five million over the next four years.
The MoU was signed in the presence of Minister for Information and Broadcasting Ambika Soni and Minister for Tourism Subodh Kant Sahai.
The MoU will provide an impetus to frame policies and guidelines for facilitating shooting of international films in India and promote the country as a destination for filming movies.
“Movies have played a big role in making destinations known… We will work with states for single-window permission so that movie makers find it easy to get permissions for shooting,” Sahai said.
Tourism ministry official said that the MoU is expected to increase foreign tourists footfall in the country from 0.6 percent to one percent by the end of 12th Five Year plan and that India can register 11.37 million foreign tourist arrivals by 2016 compared to 6.29 million in 2011.
- May 6, 2014 Tripigator.com Launched in Partnership with Incredible India
- April 15, 2013 Maha Kumbh Mela: CAPTURING INCREDIBLE INDIA!
- April 15, 2012 Finetune policies to promote community tourism: Study
- January 27, 2012 Hunger & Affluence: INCREDIBLE INDIA, INDEED …
- January 13, 2012 India holds road shows in Saudi Arabia to attract tourists
- August 12, 2011 Wheel chair bound persons on beyond barriers Incredible India Tour called on the Union Tourism Minister, Subodh Kant Sahay
- August 31, 2011 MTS launches two Android phones for below Rs.5,000
- December 16, 2011 India may join Russian-led economic union
- October 30, 2013 UN On Early Marriages: INDIA LETS DOWN ITS GIRL CHILD…
- January 28, 2014 Adani Power posts lower Q3 loss at Rs.426 crore
- August 1, 2013 The President, Pranab Mukherjee with the Indian Trade Service Probationers of 2010 & 2011 Batches, at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- October 7, 2014 British, French PMs discuss economy, IS threat
- May 13, 2014 The Finance Minister, P. Chidambaram holding the annual Performance Review meeting with the Chief Executive Officers
- October 6, 2012 Delhi clears Rs.1,100 crore for housing projects
- August 29, 2013 The Minister for Human Resource Development, Dr. M.M. Pallam Raju launching the RTE Anthem, at a function
- September 15, 2014 India, Vietnam ramp up ties, ink seven agreements
- August 1, 2014 Kerala should tap solar power: former ISRO chairman
- November 21, 2011 Magsaysay awardee plans to electrify 1,000 rural homes
- May 22, 2014 Zarautsay’s stunning rock paintings
- August 27, 2013 Karnataka to build electronics clusters to fuel growth
- January 8, 2013 The Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh unveiling the plaque to lay the foundation stone of the Integrated Refinery Expansion Project of BPCL, in Kochi on January 07, 2013.
- January 11, 2012 NTPC Contribution to Tamil Nadu’s Power Requirement
- July 9, 2013 MPs to meet on wind energy growth in Bangalore
- July 7, 2014 Find Delhi’s monuments at click of a button
- April 18, 2013 Haryana, Punjab wheat procurement crosses 25 lakh tonne
- July 4, 2014 AirAsia’s Fernandes looks to Modi to set aviation right
- February 24, 2014 G20 finance ministers, central bank governors end meet
- April 1, 2013 Bengal election panel moves court against state government
- December 21, 2013 GMR, IFC to develop hydro-power project in Nepal
- December 23, 2013 Coca Cola India aiming at double-digit growth