New Delhi, Feb 16 : Bollywood movies have for long popularised foreign destinations in India and now the same tool will be used to promote Indian destinations among foreign travellers and filmmakers.
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and Ministry of Tourism Thursday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to enhance the reach of Incredible India through cinema with the aim of increasing inbound flow of tourists by five million over the next four years.
The MoU was signed in the presence of Minister for Information and Broadcasting Ambika Soni and Minister for Tourism Subodh Kant Sahai.
The MoU will provide an impetus to frame policies and guidelines for facilitating shooting of international films in India and promote the country as a destination for filming movies.
“Movies have played a big role in making destinations known… We will work with states for single-window permission so that movie makers find it easy to get permissions for shooting,” Sahai said.
Tourism ministry official said that the MoU is expected to increase foreign tourists footfall in the country from 0.6 percent to one percent by the end of 12th Five Year plan and that India can register 11.37 million foreign tourist arrivals by 2016 compared to 6.29 million in 2011.
- May 6, 2014 Tripigator.com Launched in Partnership with Incredible India
- April 15, 2013 Maha Kumbh Mela: CAPTURING INCREDIBLE INDIA!
- April 15, 2012 Finetune policies to promote community tourism: Study
- January 27, 2012 Hunger & Affluence: INCREDIBLE INDIA, INDEED …
- January 13, 2012 India holds road shows in Saudi Arabia to attract tourists
- August 12, 2011 Wheel chair bound persons on beyond barriers Incredible India Tour called on the Union Tourism Minister, Subodh Kant Sahay
- July 14, 2013 Petrol Price increase by Rs 1.55/litre
- January 30, 2012 Bihar public services act benefited 7.7 million
- December 11, 2012 India-US portal launched on promoting women in science
- June 30, 2014 NDA government no different in tackling economic crisis: Analysts
- June 10, 2014 Power minister calls meeting over Delhi electricity woes
- February 15, 2013 Srei Q3 net jumps 140 percent
- July 21, 2012 LED bulbs to sell cheap in Delhi
- January 20, 2014 India, UAE to cooperate for solar, wind energy
- June 18, 2013 Obama defends surveillance of American communications
- February 6, 2014 India needs n-power till renewables fill gap: Abdullah
- July 25, 2012 Magnitude 6.6 quake hits Indonesia : USGS
- June 7, 2012 Union Minister for Labour and Employment, Mallikarjun Kharge at the Plenary Session of the 101st Session of International Labour Conference, at Geneva on June 06, 2012.
- March 5, 2014 India Goes to Polls from April 07 to May 12 to constitute 16th LokSabha
- May 2, 2013 Delhi’s old bus terminus is now world class
- September 15, 2012 FDI in broadcasting sector raised, except for news channels, FM
- February 13, 2014 Laptosinia flowers at Mughal Gardens of Rashtrapati Bhavan which will be thrown open for public from 16th Feb 2014.
- September 14, 2013 Obama names Zients as top economic adviser
- December 15, 2012 Andhra included in Chennai-Bangalore industrial corridor
- September 17, 2006 Quota Reforms discussed in IMF Meeting
- August 27, 2011 Frankfurt Book Fair launches training campaigns in India
- June 17, 2013 RBI keeps key rates unchanged, warns of inflationary risk
- October 25, 2013 Solar power to operate Gurgaon railway station
- February 28, 2014 Maharashtra announces investments worth Rs.23,850 crore
- May 19, 2014 ONGC Director (Exploration) elected Vice Chair for United Nations Expert Group