New Delhi, Feb 16 : Bollywood movies have for long popularised foreign destinations in India and now the same tool will be used to promote Indian destinations among foreign travellers and filmmakers.
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and Ministry of Tourism Thursday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to enhance the reach of Incredible India through cinema with the aim of increasing inbound flow of tourists by five million over the next four years.
The MoU was signed in the presence of Minister for Information and Broadcasting Ambika Soni and Minister for Tourism Subodh Kant Sahai.
The MoU will provide an impetus to frame policies and guidelines for facilitating shooting of international films in India and promote the country as a destination for filming movies.
“Movies have played a big role in making destinations known… We will work with states for single-window permission so that movie makers find it easy to get permissions for shooting,” Sahai said.
Tourism ministry official said that the MoU is expected to increase foreign tourists footfall in the country from 0.6 percent to one percent by the end of 12th Five Year plan and that India can register 11.37 million foreign tourist arrivals by 2016 compared to 6.29 million in 2011.
- May 6, 2014 Tripigator.com Launched in Partnership with Incredible India
- April 15, 2013 Maha Kumbh Mela: CAPTURING INCREDIBLE INDIA!
- April 15, 2012 Finetune policies to promote community tourism: Study
- January 27, 2012 Hunger & Affluence: INCREDIBLE INDIA, INDEED …
- January 13, 2012 India holds road shows in Saudi Arabia to attract tourists
- August 12, 2011 Wheel chair bound persons on beyond barriers Incredible India Tour called on the Union Tourism Minister, Subodh Kant Sahay
- June 2, 2014 Maruti Suzuki’s May sales up 19 percent
- December 16, 2013 The High Commissioner-designate of the Republic of Uganda, Elizabeth Paula Napeyok, presenting her credential to the President, Pranab Mukherjee, at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- July 6, 2013 Of Politics & Terrorism: NEW DELHI Vs GUJARAT…
- December 2, 2013 BHEL commissions first supercritical thermal unit in Bihar
- January 9, 2012 Uttar Pradesh first phase poll shifted to March 3, counting March 6
- May 21, 2014 Vodafone India expects government to make available idle spectrum
- September 29, 2012 Ties with US a great priority for India: Krishna
- March 31, 2014 Kailash Mansarovar yatra to begin June 8
- March 2, 2012 Bengal hopeful of central funds for tourism development
- January 9, 2012 China to add 14,000 flights for festival rush
- July 1, 2013 ONGC sweeps PetroFed Oil & Gas Industry Awards 2012
- February 1, 2012 REC bags MoU award under “Best Listed CPSE” category
- December 15, 2012 Akbar’s deserted capital gets new tourist lounge
- August 25, 2014 Central Planning: REGIONAL VISION CRITICAL…
- July 11, 2014 The US Deputy Secretary of State, William Burns calls on the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, in New Delhi on July 11, 2014.
- October 1, 2013 Historic government shutdown begins in US
- March 26, 2013 REC awarded DSIJ PSU Award 2012
- September 14, 2013 Obama names Zients as top economic adviser
- May 25, 2012 Australian High Commissioner to India, Peter Varghese called on the Union Steel Minister, Beni Prasad Verma
- May 30, 2014 Mobile number portability touches 100-mn mark: TRAI
- January 17, 2014 30 killed in attacks across Iraq
- March 7, 2014 UP junior doctors begin fast, jailed medics released
- October 31, 2014 New twist to Goa’s peculiar ‘dual nationality’ issue
- January 9, 2014 DNA tests to identify train fire bodies