New Delhi, Feb 16 : Bollywood movies have for long popularised foreign destinations in India and now the same tool will be used to promote Indian destinations among foreign travellers and filmmakers.
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and Ministry of Tourism Thursday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to enhance the reach of Incredible India through cinema with the aim of increasing inbound flow of tourists by five million over the next four years.
The MoU was signed in the presence of Minister for Information and Broadcasting Ambika Soni and Minister for Tourism Subodh Kant Sahai.
The MoU will provide an impetus to frame policies and guidelines for facilitating shooting of international films in India and promote the country as a destination for filming movies.
“Movies have played a big role in making destinations known… We will work with states for single-window permission so that movie makers find it easy to get permissions for shooting,” Sahai said.
Tourism ministry official said that the MoU is expected to increase foreign tourists footfall in the country from 0.6 percent to one percent by the end of 12th Five Year plan and that India can register 11.37 million foreign tourist arrivals by 2016 compared to 6.29 million in 2011.
- May 6, 2014 Tripigator.com Launched in Partnership with Incredible India
- August 12, 2011 Wheel chair bound persons on beyond barriers Incredible India Tour called on the Union Tourism Minister, Subodh Kant Sahay
- January 13, 2012 India holds road shows in Saudi Arabia to attract tourists
- April 15, 2012 Finetune policies to promote community tourism: Study
- January 27, 2012 Hunger & Affluence: INCREDIBLE INDIA, INDEED …
- April 15, 2013 Maha Kumbh Mela: CAPTURING INCREDIBLE INDIA!
- January 25, 2012 Dharmendra, Shabana, Mira Nair to get Padma Bhushan
- January 1, 2013 Foreign arrivals went up by six percent in 2012
- April 26, 2013 ‘Tourism to rise with visa on arrival for groups’
- February 21, 2014 Indian domestic tourists cross one bn mark
- October 27, 2012 Cabinet reshuffle at 11.30 a.m. Sunday
- April 4, 2013 Foreign tourist flow in India rising, says minister
- September 6, 2011 India, Israel to enhance tourism cooperation
- July 14, 2012 India, Mauritius to strengthen travel trade
- November 19, 2011 Govt to attact more tourists to northeast: Tourism Minister
- September 21, 2013 President of India to visit Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Puducherry
- September 8, 2012 Government mulling visa-on-arrival scheme for 10 more countries
- August 24, 2013 Foreign tourists, earnings increasing: Chiranjeevi
- November 26, 2013 ‘India, South Africa film collaboration can be of great significance’
- October 1, 2013 Indo-Canadian filmmaker to direct Bollywood movie
- January 25, 2012 Anup Jalota, Priyadarsan to receive Padma Shri
- April 13, 2013 Dadasaheb Phalke award, a glorious tribute to Pran: Big B
- August 11, 2011 Probe sought into White House role in Osama movie
- January 23, 2014 President, PM condole Nageswara Rao’s death
- July 19, 2012 Rajesh Khanna – An Iconic Star Passes Away
- February 20, 2014 India, Nepal set to sign landmark tourism deal
- July 2, 2014 SRK conferred France’s highest honour
- July 26, 2014 Centre to promote medical tourism
- July 23, 2014 Tourism ministry to set up multilingual helpline
- March 13, 2014 Will general elections disrupt the commerce of films?