New Delhi, Feb 16 : Bollywood movies have for long popularised foreign destinations in India and now the same tool will be used to promote Indian destinations among foreign travellers and filmmakers.
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and Ministry of Tourism Thursday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to enhance the reach of Incredible India through cinema with the aim of increasing inbound flow of tourists by five million over the next four years.
The MoU was signed in the presence of Minister for Information and Broadcasting Ambika Soni and Minister for Tourism Subodh Kant Sahai.
The MoU will provide an impetus to frame policies and guidelines for facilitating shooting of international films in India and promote the country as a destination for filming movies.
“Movies have played a big role in making destinations known… We will work with states for single-window permission so that movie makers find it easy to get permissions for shooting,” Sahai said.
Tourism ministry official said that the MoU is expected to increase foreign tourists footfall in the country from 0.6 percent to one percent by the end of 12th Five Year plan and that India can register 11.37 million foreign tourist arrivals by 2016 compared to 6.29 million in 2011.
- May 6, 2014 Tripigator.com Launched in Partnership with Incredible India
- April 15, 2013 Maha Kumbh Mela: CAPTURING INCREDIBLE INDIA!
- April 15, 2012 Finetune policies to promote community tourism: Study
- January 27, 2012 Hunger & Affluence: INCREDIBLE INDIA, INDEED …
- January 13, 2012 India holds road shows in Saudi Arabia to attract tourists
- August 12, 2011 Wheel chair bound persons on beyond barriers Incredible India Tour called on the Union Tourism Minister, Subodh Kant Sahay
- June 18, 2013 Google offers new format to advertise Indian products
- January 18, 2014 Regulator to decide on Kudankulam n-reactor power increase
- May 2, 2013 India to set up $1 bn innovation fund
- December 18, 2013 Hazare grateful to Rahul for Lokpal bill ‘commitment’
- March 6, 2014 Indian, Nepali armies hold joint military exercise
- May 17, 2012 Three northeastern states to get high courts by October
- July 11, 2013 The Union Minister for Petroleum & Natural Gas, Dr. M. Veerappa Moily briefing the media on the outcome of his visit to Iraq
- August 3, 2014 Speaker, Lok Sabha, Smt. Sumitra Mahajan addressing at the “India SME 100” award function organised by the India SME Forum, in Mumbai
- December 6, 2013 Diesel demand in India falls first time in 10 years: IOC
- June 14, 2013 CWC signs MoU with Central Bank of India
- October 29, 2013 Walking On Hot Coal: MOBOCRACY NOT DEMOCRACY..
- June 28, 2014 Javadekar asks developed countries to help end poverty
- June 12, 2014 Hailstorm, heavy rain bring relief to Delhiites
- March 11, 2013 Kerala boasts of India’s biggest shopping mall
- August 16, 2014 SpiceJet’s first quarter net loss at Rs.124 crore
- September 27, 2012 The Union Minister for Labour and Employment, Mallikarjun Kharge addressing the 43th Session of State Labour Minister’s Conference, in New Delhi on September 27, 2012.
- December 14, 2013 Srinagar records season’s lowest night temperature
- May 27, 2014 Arun Jaitley taking charge as the Union Minister for Finance, in New Delhi on May 27, 2014.
- February 11, 2012 Reliance Communications quarterly revenue rises at Rs.5,052 crore
- April 30, 2012 Missile for Missiles : INDO-CHINA TIES: WHERE TO? …
- February 14, 2014 AAP to now introduce Lokpal bill Friday
- September 19, 2013 Indian satellite’s transponders switched on
- May 30, 2014 Goa to start sea plane service by July: Tourism minister
- December 5, 2011 Fatal NATO Strike: BIG JOLT TO US-PAK TIES…