New Delhi, Feb 16 : Bollywood movies have for long popularised foreign destinations in India and now the same tool will be used to promote Indian destinations among foreign travellers and filmmakers.
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and Ministry of Tourism Thursday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to enhance the reach of Incredible India through cinema with the aim of increasing inbound flow of tourists by five million over the next four years.
The MoU was signed in the presence of Minister for Information and Broadcasting Ambika Soni and Minister for Tourism Subodh Kant Sahai.
The MoU will provide an impetus to frame policies and guidelines for facilitating shooting of international films in India and promote the country as a destination for filming movies.
“Movies have played a big role in making destinations known… We will work with states for single-window permission so that movie makers find it easy to get permissions for shooting,” Sahai said.
Tourism ministry official said that the MoU is expected to increase foreign tourists footfall in the country from 0.6 percent to one percent by the end of 12th Five Year plan and that India can register 11.37 million foreign tourist arrivals by 2016 compared to 6.29 million in 2011.
- May 6, 2014 Tripigator.com Launched in Partnership with Incredible India
- April 15, 2013 Maha Kumbh Mela: CAPTURING INCREDIBLE INDIA!
- April 15, 2012 Finetune policies to promote community tourism: Study
- January 27, 2012 Hunger & Affluence: INCREDIBLE INDIA, INDEED …
- January 13, 2012 India holds road shows in Saudi Arabia to attract tourists
- August 12, 2011 Wheel chair bound persons on beyond barriers Incredible India Tour called on the Union Tourism Minister, Subodh Kant Sahay
- November 10, 2014 The President, Pranab Mukherjee administering the oath as Minister of State to Col. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- August 17, 2013 Mumbai varsity now has Harvard-style virtual classroom
- June 24, 2014 The Ambassador of Tunisia in India, Tarek Azouz calling on the Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Kalraj Mishra
- September 5, 2013 RTI amendment bill referred to parliamentary panel
- January 27, 2012 India joins multilateral forum to curb tax evasion
- January 27, 2014 Davos meeting ends with cautious optimism
- August 5, 2013 The Vice President, Mohd. Hamid Ansari with the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Iran, Abbas Araghchi
- December 7, 2013 US to keep pressing India on Iran oil sanctions
- December 2, 2013 India won’t accept interim solution on food subsidy at WTO
- August 21, 2014 ‘Safety of women tourists top priority’
- December 20, 2012 NTPC, conferred the “IEI Industry Excellence Award 2012″
- July 27, 2012 Himachal, Punjab sign pact on Naina Devi ropeway
- May 17, 2013 Afghanistan to get 12 Mi-17 helicopters from Russia
- July 15, 2013 BHEL supports endeavour to reform and rehabilitate juvenile delinquents
- September 1, 2012 Gujarat Verdict: BLOW TO MODI’S AMBITION…
- January 31, 2014 US economy grew 3.2 per cent in Q4
- January 20, 2012 Union Minister for Commerce & Industry and Textiles, Anand Sharma inaugurating the Tex- Trends India 2012, in New Delhi
- June 3, 2014 Can Omar and his National Conference bounce back in Kashmir?
- February 5, 2014 53 IAS officers transferred in UP
- July 11, 2014 Ukraine ready for bilateral ceasefire
- May 28, 2012 PM holds talks with Myanmar President Thein Sein
- August 28, 2014 $7 bn Mars rocket set for 2018 debut: NASA
- April 12, 2013 India, Germany ink six deals to enhance cooperation
- October 7, 2014 Passports with fee waiver for Kashmir flood victims