New Delhi, Nov 17 The environment- and commuter-friendly metro rail will soon run in Indian cities having a population of more than 2 million with the government approving the ambitious project, Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath announced Thursday.
“We will be looking at the Detailed Project Reports (DPR) for metro rails in the cities which have a population of more than 2 million,” Kamal Nath said at a press conference here.
The DPRs are prepared by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation and submitted to the other states.
“While respective DPRs have been prepared for Pune, Ludhiana, Ahmedabad and Lucknow, the preparation of reports for Indore, Bhopal and Chandigarh is in process,” Kamal Nath told reporters.
The minister also said that the ministry is in talks with the Maharashtra government for getting a DPR for metro in Nagpur.
- October 20, 2011 Metro comes to Bangalore
- November 5, 2014 The Minister for Urban Development, Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation and Parliamentary Affairs, M. Venkaiah Naidu meeting the Ambassador of Iran, Ahmad Masoumifar, at Seol, in South Korea
- November 5, 2014 The Minister for Urban Development, Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation and Parliamentary Affairs, M. Venkaiah Naidu meeting the Minister of Housing & Public Works, Bangladesh, Mosharaf Hossain
- November 5, 2014 The Minister for Urban Development, Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation and Parliamentary Affairs, M. Venkaiah Naidu meeting the Minister of Roads and Urban Development, Iran, Abbas Akhoundi
- October 11, 2014 Metro rail for 500 cities with 1 lakh-plus people on anvil
- October 10, 2014 Government Preparing Comprehensive Mobility Plans for 500 Cities in the Country
- July 14, 2014 Shankar Aggarwal takes over as new urban development secretary
- May 15, 2014 The Secretary, Ministry of Urban Development, Sudhir Krishna presenting a memento to the Vice Minister, the Legislative Affairs Office (LAO) of State Council, Peoples Republic of China, Xia Yong
- December 12, 2013 No plan to curtail parliament session: Kamal Nath
- November 6, 2013 POWERGRID bestowed with “Top Infrastructure Company Award”
- November 1, 2013 Dhaka Metro rail project foundation stone laid
- October 4, 2013 Metro rail between Noida, Greater Noida by 2017
- September 3, 2013 The Minister for Urban Development & Parliamentary Affairs, Kamal Nath and other dignitaries at the Indo-Japan seminar
- August 20, 2013 Delhi Metro tender process under scanner
- May 21, 2013 The Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia and the Minister of NDRC of the People’s Republic of China, Xu Shaoshi signing an MoU
- January 9, 2013 L&T may rope in equity partners for Hyderabad Metro
- December 7, 2012 Smart Cities: VIABLE IN URBAN CHAOS?…
- July 11, 2012 Satellite imagery to implement regional plan
- July 10, 2012 Minister for Urban Development, Kamal Nath lighting the lamp to inaugurate the National Workshop on Improving Services in Urban Water Supply and Sanitation, in New Delhi
- June 7, 2012 After Mumbai, Pune to get Metro
- April 11, 2012 German Minister for Transport, Building & Urban Development, Dr. Peter Ramsauer along with a delegation meeting the Minister for Urban Development, Kamal Nath
- December 13, 2011 ‘Economic impact of inadequate sanitation is Rs 2.44 tn’
- September 16, 2011 Metro to arrive in Patna
- September 13, 2011 GoM set up for Delhi’s unauthorised colonies
- September 8, 2011 Government to launch the second JNNURM soon: Nath
- September 6, 2011 Metro Rail-I to be operational in Mumbai in 2012
- August 31, 2011 Alok Perti Appointed Secretary, M/O Coal
- August 20, 2011 US court to hear Kamal Nath’s claim to diplomatic immunity
- July 13, 2013 Railway bribery scam: Court refuses bail to Bansal’s nephew
- December 20, 2011 Tamasha On Afzal Guru & CBI: NETAS FAKE GRIEF, EMPTY WORDS…