New Delhi, Nov 17 The environment- and commuter-friendly metro rail will soon run in Indian cities having a population of more than 2 million with the government approving the ambitious project, Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath announced Thursday.
“We will be looking at the Detailed Project Reports (DPR) for metro rails in the cities which have a population of more than 2 million,” Kamal Nath said at a press conference here.
The DPRs are prepared by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation and submitted to the other states.
“While respective DPRs have been prepared for Pune, Ludhiana, Ahmedabad and Lucknow, the preparation of reports for Indore, Bhopal and Chandigarh is in process,” Kamal Nath told reporters.
The minister also said that the ministry is in talks with the Maharashtra government for getting a DPR for metro in Nagpur.
- October 20, 2011 Metro comes to Bangalore
- June 7, 2012 After Mumbai, Pune to get Metro
- October 4, 2013 Metro rail between Noida, Greater Noida by 2017
- September 8, 2011 Government to launch the second JNNURM soon: Nath
- January 9, 2013 L&T may rope in equity partners for Hyderabad Metro
- November 1, 2013 Dhaka Metro rail project foundation stone laid
- September 16, 2011 Metro to arrive in Patna
- September 6, 2011 Metro Rail-I to be operational in Mumbai in 2012
- December 7, 2012 Smart Cities: VIABLE IN URBAN CHAOS?…
- December 13, 2011 ‘Economic impact of inadequate sanitation is Rs 2.44 tn’
- December 12, 2013 No plan to curtail parliament session: Kamal Nath
- August 20, 2013 Delhi Metro tender process under scanner
- September 3, 2013 The Minister for Urban Development & Parliamentary Affairs, Kamal Nath and other dignitaries at the Indo-Japan seminar
- August 20, 2011 US court to hear Kamal Nath’s claim to diplomatic immunity
- September 13, 2011 GoM set up for Delhi’s unauthorised colonies
- July 10, 2012 Minister for Urban Development, Kamal Nath lighting the lamp to inaugurate the National Workshop on Improving Services in Urban Water Supply and Sanitation, in New Delhi
- April 11, 2012 German Minister for Transport, Building & Urban Development, Dr. Peter Ramsauer along with a delegation meeting the Minister for Urban Development, Kamal Nath
- July 11, 2012 Satellite imagery to implement regional plan
- July 14, 2014 Shankar Aggarwal takes over as new urban development secretary
- August 31, 2011 Alok Perti Appointed Secretary, M/O Coal
- November 6, 2013 POWERGRID bestowed with “Top Infrastructure Company Award”
- May 15, 2014 The Secretary, Ministry of Urban Development, Sudhir Krishna presenting a memento to the Vice Minister, the Legislative Affairs Office (LAO) of State Council, Peoples Republic of China, Xia Yong
- May 21, 2013 The Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia and the Minister of NDRC of the People’s Republic of China, Xu Shaoshi signing an MoU
- March 2, 2012 Switzerland to open 10 regional Visa Application Centres across India
- April 5, 2013 Panel to oversee Lucknow metro rail project
- December 22, 2012 Metro rail planned for Nagpur
- January 30, 2014 After Mumbai and Pune, Nagpur to get metro rail
- June 28, 2013 Kamal Nath seeks French investment in India’s urban development
- February 12, 2014 Seventy Two New Trains Introduced
- February 26, 2013 Frequency of 24 Trains Increased