Dhaka, Sep 6
Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrived in Dhaka Tuesday on a two-day visit.
Agreements, including a pact on border settlement that will involve a swap of enclaves in each other’s territories, is expected to be signed after talks between Manmohan Singh and his counterpart Sheikh Hasina.
Manmohan Singh will also call on Bangladesh President Mohammad Zillur Rahman and meet leaders of other political parties.
A day before leaving Dhaka, Manmohan Singh said in a statement: “As a close neighbour and friend, India is committed to extending its full support to Bangladesh in its development efforts.”
“Our partnership with Bangladesh is important for the stability and prosperity of our own northeast region. It is a partnership which can have a profound positive impact on the South Asian region as a whole,” the prime minister added.
Manmohan Singh is accompanied by the chief ministers of Assam, Tripura, Meghalaya and Mizoram on the trip. West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee did not go on the trip to protest the final draft of the Teesta river water sharing agreement.
- `Manmohan’s trip to be turning point in Delhi-Dhaka ties’
- India, Bangladesh to ease travel on Maitree Express
- The Prime Minster of Bangladesh, Sheikh Hasina calling on the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee
- The President, Pranab Mukherjee being presented the Bangladesh Liberation War Honour by the President of Bangladesh, Md. Zillur Rahman,
- Northeastern states alerted to likely terror strike
- Tripura welcomes investment from Bangladesh: Chief Minister
- India’s Northeast: A region grows in electoral importance
- Northeast power woes to be tackled
- POWERGRID signs Agreements with six NER States
- PM seeks Mamata’s help to sign Teesta pact with Bangladesh
- Major investments in northeast, says Planning Commission member
- Manmohan’s Dhaka visit: Transit, ports, border key issues
- Bangladesh wants more water accords with India
- Mamata relaunches credit scheme for farmers
- Mamata chairs first cabinet meeting in north Bengal
- Dhaka to host Indian business team next month
- Mamata spoilt ties with neighbouring states, Bangladesh: Left
- Tripura keen to supply electricity to Bangladesh
- Power Grid put up an Exhibition stall in “The India Show” at Dhaka in Bangladesh organized by FICCI
- The President, Pranab Mukherjee being welcomed by the President of Bangladesh, Md. Zillur Rahman
- Bangladesh signs rail restoration deal with Indian firm
- World Bank’s social enterprises in three NE states
- Tripura demands central financial aid
- Mamata urges banks to hike agriculture, SME credit in Bengal
- Mamata announces projects for north Bengal
- Paper trail to be used in Nagaland, Mizoram, Meghalaya
- Rs 15,000 crore spent on development this fiscal: Mamata
- Poll panel transfers eight Bengal officials, Mamata refuses to obey
- Manmohan congratulates Hasina on becoming PM again
- Bharatiya Mahila Bank to open four branches in northeast