New Delhi, July 14 : India and Mauritius will strengthen ties in the tourism sector by increasing investment in the hotel industry, promoting more package tours and developing tourism infrastructure, Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahai said.
Mauritian Tourism Minister Yeung Sik Yuen called on Sahai and both the leaders discussed ways for strengthening cooperation in the tourism sector between India and Mauritius.
Re-calling the age-old historic and cultural ties between both the nations, Sahai said: “Both the countries have tremendous scope to develop tourism infrastructure with mutual help. It would be appropriate if we strengthen our ties by promoting bilateral tourism.”
Sahai suggested that India and Mauritius could consider exchanging experience in destination management and may consider participation in tourism events of each other.
Both leaders agreed that tour operators and travel agents of both the countries may interact with each other in order to promote tourism between India and Mauritius.
- The Tourism Minister of Mauritius, Yeung Sik Yuen calls on the Union Tourism Minister, Subodh Kant Sahai, in New Delhi
- India targets one percent global tourist arrivals
- Tourism Minister, Subodh Kant Sahai presented the “National Awards for Excellence in Hospitality Education 2010-11”, at a function, in New Delhi
- Union Tourism Minister, Subodh Kant Sahai at the conference of Tourism Ministers of ASEAN countries
- Minister of Tourism of Israel, Mr. Stas Misezhnikov calls on the Union Tourism Minister, Subodh Kant Sahai
- Tourism ministry sanctions Rs.47.62 crore to develop Kerala backwater
- India, Spain to set up tourism promotion forum
- Chiranjeevi sanctions Rs.50 crore to save Goa beaches
- Tourism Minister of Brazil, Gastao Vieira meeting the Tourism Minister, Subodh Kant Sahai
- President, Pratibha Devisingh Patil lighting the lamp at the National Tourism Awards 2010-2011 Presentation ceremony, in New Delhi on February 29, 2012