New Delhi, July 11 Foreign tourist arrivals in India grew by 2.6 percent in the first six months of 2013, the government said.
Foreign exchange earnings from tourism rose by 15.5 percent in rupee terms and 8.8 percent in dollar terms, according to data released by the tourism ministry.
Foreign tourist arrivals in June were 4.44 lakh as compared to 4.33 lakh during the same period last year. It was 4.05 lakh in June 2011.
- August 24, 2013 Foreign tourists, earnings increasing: Chiranjeevi
- July 23, 2014 Tourism ministry to set up multilingual helpline
- October 12, 2012 More tourists opting for visa on arrival in India
- September 11, 2013 Foreign Exchange Earnings from Tourism Increases by 12 Per Cent in August 2013
- November 6, 2013 Goa records 10 percent increase in tourist arrivals
- July 24, 2013 Taj Mahal to be adopted under Clean India campaign
- April 2, 2013 Tourism ministry sanctions Rs.47.62 crore to develop Kerala backwater
- February 21, 2014 Indian domestic tourists cross one bn mark
- June 11, 2014 E-visas, special trains to boost Goa tourism: Minister