New Delhi, Sep 19
The fifth India-European Union seminar on “Employment and Social Policy – Occupational Safety and Health” will be inaugurated by Labour and Employment Minister Mallikarjun Kharge here Monday.
“The seminar will look into issues such as occupational safety and health in India and European Union pertaining to various sectors such as manufacturing sector, port sector, mines, construction sector etc,” the ministry said in a statement Saturday.
“Deliberations during the two days will help in strengthening the enforcement systems by enhancing capabilities in the modern techniques of inspection, chemical process safety, hazard identification and risk assessment, auditing, surveying etc,” it added.
The seminar will be attended by all the 27 members of the European Union, representatives of International Labour Organisation (ILO), workers’ and employers’ representatives both from India and the European Union, and representatives of central and state governments.
India and European Union have entered into a joint action plan to have a structured dialogue on employment and social policy.
The Indian labour and employment ministry has also signed an agreement with the European Union to exchange views and information on issues including employment and social policy such as skills, training and employment, social security, occupational health and safety, workers’ participation in management etc.
Such seminars are jointly organised annually. So far, four seminars – New Delhi (2006), Lisbon, Portugal (2007), New Delhi (2008) and Brussels (2010) – have been organised.
- February 3, 2012 India, US to cooperate on labour issues
- May 1, 2012 Minister for Labour and Employment, Mallikarjun Kharge launching the Electronic Challan-cum-Return (ECR)
- February 15, 2012 Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh and the Union Minister for Labour and Employment, Mallikarjun Kharge, at the 44th session of Indian Labour Conference
- February 14, 2012 Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh and the Union Minister for Labour and Employment, Mallikarjun Kharge, at the 44th session of Indian Labour Conference
- October 23, 2011 States should amend laws to protect labour: Labour Minister Kharge
- October 14, 2011 103 SAIL employees receive Prime Minister’s Shram awards
- August 25, 2011 National Social Security Fund set up
- October 22, 2014 India ready for nuclear no-first-use agreements
- October 17, 2014 Infrastructure biggest hurdle for doing business in India: Survey
- October 16, 2014 India must not complicate border situation: China
- October 15, 2014 India to source Uranium from Canada
- October 11, 2014 Why India should engage more with Morocco
- October 8, 2014 NGT upholds coal mining ban, lets mined pile to be carried
- October 7, 2014 India to develop Bangladesh port
- October 1, 2014 India, US commit to hit terrorist havens
- September 26, 2014 India, US have stake in each other’s success: Modi
- September 24, 2014 Nepal, India approve charter of 6,720 MW Pancheshwar project
- September 23, 2014 Nepal, India begin talks to build 6,720 MW power project
- September 23, 2014 ‘India, China can mutually learn on inviting foreign capital’
- September 20, 2014 Pakistan says it values China’s support for SCO membership
- September 19, 2014 China backs India, Pakistan SCO membership
- September 18, 2014 India to be partner country in Hannover Messe Fair
- September 18, 2014 India will always stand by Vietnam: President
- September 17, 2014 World’s factory and world’s back office need to combine: Xi
- September 17, 2014 India, China cooperation will help develop the world: Modi
- September 13, 2014 ‘India, South Africa trade of over $11 bn remarkable’
- September 12, 2014 Taiwan firms eye joint ventures in India
- September 10, 2014 India willing to play mediator in West Asia
- September 9, 2014 India, Malaysia to strengthen partnership in climate change
- September 6, 2014 India, South Africa must increase trade: high commissioner