New Delhi, Sep 19
The fifth India-European Union seminar on “Employment and Social Policy – Occupational Safety and Health” will be inaugurated by Labour and Employment Minister Mallikarjun Kharge here Monday.
“The seminar will look into issues such as occupational safety and health in India and European Union pertaining to various sectors such as manufacturing sector, port sector, mines, construction sector etc,” the ministry said in a statement Saturday.
“Deliberations during the two days will help in strengthening the enforcement systems by enhancing capabilities in the modern techniques of inspection, chemical process safety, hazard identification and risk assessment, auditing, surveying etc,” it added.
The seminar will be attended by all the 27 members of the European Union, representatives of International Labour Organisation (ILO), workers’ and employers’ representatives both from India and the European Union, and representatives of central and state governments.
India and European Union have entered into a joint action plan to have a structured dialogue on employment and social policy.
The Indian labour and employment ministry has also signed an agreement with the European Union to exchange views and information on issues including employment and social policy such as skills, training and employment, social security, occupational health and safety, workers’ participation in management etc.
Such seminars are jointly organised annually. So far, four seminars – New Delhi (2006), Lisbon, Portugal (2007), New Delhi (2008) and Brussels (2010) – have been organised.
- February 3, 2012 India, US to cooperate on labour issues
- May 1, 2012 Minister for Labour and Employment, Mallikarjun Kharge launching the Electronic Challan-cum-Return (ECR)
- February 15, 2012 Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh and the Union Minister for Labour and Employment, Mallikarjun Kharge, at the 44th session of Indian Labour Conference
- February 14, 2012 Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh and the Union Minister for Labour and Employment, Mallikarjun Kharge, at the 44th session of Indian Labour Conference
- October 23, 2011 States should amend laws to protect labour: Labour Minister Kharge
- October 14, 2011 103 SAIL employees receive Prime Minister’s Shram awards
- August 25, 2011 National Social Security Fund set up
- August 29, 2014 Australian PM to visit India, Malaysia
- July 28, 2014 Power plan: India, Nepal to work big on electricity
- July 24, 2014 India, Nepal to revive joint panel during Sushma visit
- July 23, 2014 India, Latin America set to tango
- July 15, 2014 Nepal, India decide to set up boundary working group
- July 14, 2014 India, Bangladesh can supply shopping bags to the world: Jute Commissioner
- July 8, 2014 Uttar Pradesh to hold job fairs
- July 7, 2014 Nepal, India begin security talks
- July 2, 2014 Singapore Foreign Minister Holds Talks with Indian Counterpart
- June 30, 2014 India, China ink agreement on industrial parks
- June 26, 2014 India has to rely on Asia-Pacific for growth: Chinese daily
- June 20, 2014 Meghalaya wants to gain from China’s ageing population
- June 16, 2014 India, Bhutan to guard against ‘inimical’ interests
- May 28, 2014 US banks on India, Pakistan for stability after Afghanistan pullout
- May 24, 2014 ‘China, India can partner to reduce trust deficit’
- May 21, 2014 India, Bangladesh set up border markets
- May 7, 2014 India deeply concerned at escalating Ukraine crisis
- May 1, 2014 Indian start-ups have huge advantage over other countries: Microsoft
- April 28, 2014 South Africa keen to host BRICS Development Bank
- April 17, 2014 300 investors to take part in Maldives forum
- April 7, 2014 Iran seeks to expand economic ties with Germany
- March 25, 2014 Nepal, India to increase border security ahead of polls
- March 25, 2014 Iranian port to link Afghanistan with India: Afghan official