Shimla, April 5 Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal asked the central government to expedite its claim of around Rs.4,000 crore against its share of the electricity generated by three Bhakra Beas Management Board hydropower projects.
“Through this august house, I want to make a plea to the central government to settle the claim (of 7.19 percent share in three projects) awarded by the Supreme Court in favour of Himachal Pradesh at the earliest,” Dhumal said in a statement in the assembly.
He said the review petition filed by Punjab and Haryana governments in the apex court, challenging its Sept 27, 2011 order accepting the claim of Himachal Pradesh, was dismissed March 29.
“In the wake of the apex court latest judgment, I request the union government to record its acceptance of the Himachal Pradesh share in the Supreme Court so that the entire amount of the claim could be paid,” Dhumal said.
After the apex court’s judgment last year, the state assessed its arrears to be around Rs.3,963 crore, due to it from November 1966 under the Punjab Reorganisation Act.
The hill state has been receiving an enhanced share of 7.19 percent power (157 MW) from the three power projects after the apex court order in 2011.
- September 30, 2013 Himachal to restore road to Tibet
- August 21, 2013 Himachal’s new power policy to harness solar energy
- October 29, 2014 Himachal sets up finance commission
- October 9, 2014 Himachal CM lays foundation stone of vegetable marketing yard
- September 15, 2014 Himachal tourism to bloom due to floods in Kashmir
- August 16, 2014 Himachal employees get 10 percent dearness allowance
- July 29, 2014 SJVNL’s Q1 profit 23.61 percent
- July 29, 2014 Shimla gets Himachal’s first water-dispensing ATM
- July 29, 2014 Heavy rain in Himachal, rivers in spate
- July 10, 2014 Himachal fixes limit on stocking onions, potatoes
- July 8, 2014 Himachal’s Saach Pass reopens for motorists
- July 7, 2014 Himachal seeks special assistance for developing rail lines
- July 7, 2014 Traditions, fairs, cultures should be preserved: Himachal CM
- July 4, 2014 Himachal seeks price hike of houses for poor
- June 12, 2014 Himachal gets $100 million loan from World Bank
- June 9, 2014 Virbhadra now turns to Modi for central indulgence
- May 23, 2014 BHEL commissions 4×130 MW Hydro-Electric Project in Himachal Pradesh
- March 18, 2014 Himachal voters want green justice
- March 5, 2014 Himachal to sign pact for setting up medical colleges
- February 22, 2014 Himachal’s 2012-13 debt is Rs.20,765 crore: CAG
- February 21, 2014 Himachal raised loans of Rs.3,445 crore last year: Virbhadra
- February 20, 2014 Himachal cancels deal with Jaiprakash Industries
- February 18, 2014 Himachal gets tough against erring investors
- February 15, 2014 Shimla, Manali get more snow
- February 15, 2014 Himachal’s hilltop shrine damaged in fire
- February 14, 2014 Head to Shimla, Manali for white Valentine’s Day
- February 13, 2014 Himachal CM invites investment in IT sector
- February 10, 2014 Himachal heading for off-season vegetable boom
- February 8, 2014 Virbhadra announces industry-friendly package
- January 28, 2014 Major fire in Shimla’s British-era building