Shimla, Nov 17 Himachal Pradesh and the Canadian province of British Columbia will share technical know-how in the field of energy, forestry, agriculture and tourism, an official statement said here Thursday.
“Himachal Pradesh Chief Secretary Rajwant Sandhu and British Columbia Deputy Minister Diana Hayden signed a ‘letter of intent’ in Chandigarh last (Wednesday) evening,” the statement said.
British Columbia Prime Minister Christy Clark was also present on the occasion.
The ‘letter of intent’ envisages starting developmental programmes of mutual interest in both the countries like exchange of information in the field of energy, forestry, agriculture and tourism.
Himachal Pradesh can make advances in horticulture by importing apple rootstock and can learn more from their hydro system advancement. The other area of mutual benefit is to promote investment and technical linkage between enterprises and projects of cultural, artistic, education and research, it said.
The memorandum of understanding (MoU) would be signed within next six months between the governments, it added.
- December 20, 2014 Shimla, Manali may get more snow from Dec 21
- October 29, 2014 Himachal sets up finance commission
- September 15, 2014 Himachal tourism to bloom due to floods in Kashmir
- July 29, 2014 SJVNL’s Q1 profit 23.61 percent
- July 29, 2014 Shimla gets Himachal’s first water-dispensing ATM
- July 29, 2014 Heavy rain in Himachal, rivers in spate
- July 10, 2014 Himachal fixes limit on stocking onions, potatoes
- July 8, 2014 Himachal’s Saach Pass reopens for motorists
- July 4, 2014 Himachal seeks price hike of houses for poor
- June 12, 2014 Himachal gets $100 million loan from World Bank
- May 23, 2014 BHEL commissions 4×130 MW Hydro-Electric Project in Himachal Pradesh
- March 18, 2014 Himachal voters want green justice
- March 5, 2014 Himachal to sign pact for setting up medical colleges
- February 22, 2014 Himachal’s 2012-13 debt is Rs.20,765 crore: CAG
- February 21, 2014 Himachal raised loans of Rs.3,445 crore last year: Virbhadra
- February 20, 2014 Himachal cancels deal with Jaiprakash Industries
- February 18, 2014 Himachal gets tough against erring investors
- February 15, 2014 Shimla, Manali get more snow
- February 15, 2014 Himachal’s hilltop shrine damaged in fire
- February 14, 2014 Head to Shimla, Manali for white Valentine’s Day
- February 10, 2014 Himachal heading for off-season vegetable boom
- January 28, 2014 Major fire in Shimla’s British-era building
- January 23, 2014 Shimla, Manali get more snowfall
- January 18, 2014 Shimla witnesses heavy snowfall
- January 18, 2014 Central industry incentives will not impact Punjab: Himachal
- January 16, 2014 Special industrial incentive for Himachal, Uttarakhand
- January 13, 2014 Rs.200 crore projects sanctioned: Himachal minister
- January 3, 2014 Himachal to develop more tourist spots: Virbhadra
- December 23, 2013 Himachal shivers as mercury dips below freezing
- December 7, 2013 Himachal court reserves judgment on polythene-packed food items