Shimla, Nov 17 Himachal Pradesh and the Canadian province of British Columbia will share technical know-how in the field of energy, forestry, agriculture and tourism, an official statement said here Thursday.
“Himachal Pradesh Chief Secretary Rajwant Sandhu and British Columbia Deputy Minister Diana Hayden signed a ‘letter of intent’ in Chandigarh last (Wednesday) evening,” the statement said.
British Columbia Prime Minister Christy Clark was also present on the occasion.
The ‘letter of intent’ envisages starting developmental programmes of mutual interest in both the countries like exchange of information in the field of energy, forestry, agriculture and tourism.
Himachal Pradesh can make advances in horticulture by importing apple rootstock and can learn more from their hydro system advancement. The other area of mutual benefit is to promote investment and technical linkage between enterprises and projects of cultural, artistic, education and research, it said.
The memorandum of understanding (MoU) would be signed within next six months between the governments, it added.
- July 22, 2013 The Steel Minister, Beni Prasad Verma with the Premier of British Columbia, Christy Clark, at British Columbia
- September 13, 2011 Canada keen to invest in Himachal: Dhumal
- September 19, 2011 Himalayan cycling expedition begins Sep 30
- December 11, 2011 Himachal launches green policy on used CFL lamps
- June 20, 2013 Himachal hydropower units remain shut for fourth day
- September 23, 2013 Himachal’s apple growers wait for bus from Nepal
- November 4, 2013 Himachal Pradesh to set up controlled atmosphere stores
- January 13, 2014 Rs.200 crore projects sanctioned: Himachal minister
- June 12, 2013 Himachal’s apple basket bountiful this season
- January 3, 2014 Himachal to develop more tourist spots: Virbhadra
- December 23, 2013 Himachal shivers as mercury dips below freezing
- June 12, 2014 Himachal gets $100 million loan from World Bank
- July 8, 2013 ‘Floods scaring away tourists from Himachal’
- May 27, 2013 Himachal to reduce fertilizer use
- February 10, 2014 Himachal heading for off-season vegetable boom
- September 30, 2013 Himachal to restore road to Tibet
- July 25, 2012 Nabard sanctions Rs.70 crore loan to Himachal
- May 21, 2012 World Bank to give $37 mn more for Himachal watershed project
- June 9, 2012 Global warming causing Himalayan glacier to diminish each year
- June 3, 2013 Special package for northeast, hill states: Sonia
- June 21, 2013 Mukherjee cancels visit to Himachal
- January 16, 2012 Avalanche threat in Himachal
- August 27, 2011 Himachal bans construction in trout habitat
- July 10, 2013 Himachal to get Rs.200 crore from UP for power
- August 6, 2012 Himachal to give solar lamps at remote villages
- August 21, 2013 Himachal’s new power policy to harness solar energy
- October 5, 2013 Himachal agrees to get Rs.157 crore power arrears from UP
- August 16, 2013 Himachal to generate additional 1,111 MW of hydropower
- July 8, 2014 Himachal’s Saach Pass reopens for motorists
- February 22, 2014 Himachal’s 2012-13 debt is Rs.20,765 crore: CAG