Shimla, April 6 A newly constructed bypass connecting Haryana and Himachal Pradesh was opened for motorists Friday that will help avoid some major bottlenecks, an official said.
The bypass would avoid Pinjore, Kalka and Parwanoo towns that were the main bottleneck on National Highway 22, a spokesperson for the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) told
He said the bypass would save on travelling time and distance.
Traffic snarls between Pinjore and Parwanoo were common.
A toll plaza has also been set up by the NHAI at Chandimandir, near Panchkula in Haryana, for using the bypass.
A car, jeep and van driver will have to pay Rs.23 per entry when crossing the plaza, whereas drivers of light transport vehicles comprising canters and mini trucks have to pay Rs.39 per entry. For trucks and buses, the entry fee is Rs.79.
Initially, the Parwanoo-Pinjore bypass was to be completed by August 2010.
- July 8, 2014 Himachal’s Saach Pass reopens for motorists
- July 29, 2014 SJVNL’s Q1 profit 23.61 percent
- July 29, 2014 Shimla gets Himachal’s first water-dispensing ATM
- July 29, 2014 Heavy rain in Himachal, rivers in spate
- July 10, 2014 Himachal fixes limit on stocking onions, potatoes
- July 4, 2014 Himachal seeks price hike of houses for poor
- June 12, 2014 Himachal gets $100 million loan from World Bank
- May 29, 2014 Haryana to take up high toll taxes with Centre
- May 23, 2014 BHEL commissions 4×130 MW Hydro-Electric Project in Himachal Pradesh
- March 18, 2014 Himachal voters want green justice
- March 5, 2014 Himachal to sign pact for setting up medical colleges
- February 22, 2014 Himachal’s 2012-13 debt is Rs.20,765 crore: CAG
- February 21, 2014 Himachal raised loans of Rs.3,445 crore last year: Virbhadra
- February 20, 2014 Himachal cancels deal with Jaiprakash Industries
- February 18, 2014 Himachal gets tough against erring investors
- February 15, 2014 Shimla, Manali get more snow
- February 15, 2014 Himachal’s hilltop shrine damaged in fire
- February 14, 2014 Head to Shimla, Manali for white Valentine’s Day
- February 10, 2014 Himachal heading for off-season vegetable boom
- January 28, 2014 Major fire in Shimla’s British-era building
- January 23, 2014 Shimla, Manali get more snowfall
- January 18, 2014 Shimla witnesses heavy snowfall
- January 18, 2014 Central industry incentives will not impact Punjab: Himachal
- January 16, 2014 Special industrial incentive for Himachal, Uttarakhand
- January 13, 2014 Rs.200 crore projects sanctioned: Himachal minister
- January 3, 2014 Himachal to develop more tourist spots: Virbhadra
- December 23, 2013 Himachal shivers as mercury dips below freezing
- December 7, 2013 Himachal court reserves judgment on polythene-packed food items
- December 2, 2013 Himachal sanctioned Rs.2 crore for treatment of poor
- November 4, 2013 Himachal Pradesh to set up controlled atmosphere stores