Shimla, April 6 A newly constructed bypass connecting Haryana and Himachal Pradesh was opened for motorists Friday that will help avoid some major bottlenecks, an official said.
The bypass would avoid Pinjore, Kalka and Parwanoo towns that were the main bottleneck on National Highway 22, a spokesperson for the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) told
He said the bypass would save on travelling time and distance.
Traffic snarls between Pinjore and Parwanoo were common.
A toll plaza has also been set up by the NHAI at Chandimandir, near Panchkula in Haryana, for using the bypass.
A car, jeep and van driver will have to pay Rs.23 per entry when crossing the plaza, whereas drivers of light transport vehicles comprising canters and mini trucks have to pay Rs.39 per entry. For trucks and buses, the entry fee is Rs.79.
Initially, the Parwanoo-Pinjore bypass was to be completed by August 2010.
- July 8, 2014 Himachal’s Saach Pass reopens for motorists
- May 29, 2014 Haryana to take up high toll taxes with Centre
- March 13, 2013 Four-laning of NH-22 needs Rs.2,730 crore: Virbhadra
- December 23, 2011 Highways authority to raise Rs.10,000 crore through bonds
- July 10, 2013 Himachal to get Rs.200 crore from UP for power
- July 29, 2014 Heavy rain in Himachal, rivers in spate
- January 23, 2012 Port connectivity projects will be completed
- April 5, 2012 Himachal seeks Rs.4,000 crore claim from centre
- October 5, 2013 Himachal agrees to get Rs.157 crore power arrears from UP
- June 20, 2013 Himachal hydropower units remain shut for fourth day
- September 23, 2013 Himachal’s apple growers wait for bus from Nepal
- July 25, 2012 Nabard sanctions Rs.70 crore loan to Himachal
- February 22, 2014 Himachal’s 2012-13 debt is Rs.20,765 crore: CAG
- February 21, 2014 Himachal raised loans of Rs.3,445 crore last year: Virbhadra
- April 6, 2012 Himachal assembly passes Lokayukta bill
- December 12, 2012 Himachal’s Keylong freezes at minus 8.5 degrees Celsius
- May 21, 2012 World Bank to give $37 mn more for Himachal watershed project
- January 23, 2012 World Bank to fund Himachal roads
- October 1, 2013 Food subsidy scheme: Himachal demands wheat flour, not grain
- April 13, 2013 Himachal gram panchayats to get broadband links
- August 17, 2013 Himachal postpones launch of food security scheme
- February 13, 2013 Mock ‘quake’ shakes Shimla
- July 2, 2012 Himachal seeks amendments to archaeological act
- August 3, 2012 Himachal hydropower projects shut, north India hit
- November 4, 2013 Himachal Pradesh to set up controlled atmosphere stores
- January 18, 2014 Central industry incentives will not impact Punjab: Himachal
- June 12, 2014 Himachal gets $100 million loan from World Bank
- February 14, 2014 Head to Shimla, Manali for white Valentine’s Day
- July 24, 2013 Himachal to go for re-allotment of mega hydro project
- March 18, 2014 Himachal voters want green justice