Dhaka, Sep 4
A high-profile Indian business delegation comprising Airtel chief Sunil Bharti Mittal, RPG Group chairman Harsh Goenka and Tata Steel vice-chairman B. Muthuraman will arrive in Dhaka early next month to look for investment opportunities, a media report said Sunday.
The three members of the seven-member delegation have already confirmed their visit, said Abdul Matlub Ahmad, president of the India-Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
“We are communicating with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) to get the assurance about the four others, mainly the policymakers,” he told The Daily Star.
The chamber is also trying to invite a top representative from India’s infrastructure giant Reliance Group.
“Our aim is to ensure visits of high profile people from large infrastructure firms of India as we need large investment for our infrastructure development,” he said.
“We have proposed that they invest here through joint ventures with Bangladesh partners,” the newspaper quoted him as saying.
The schedule of their trip will be fixed after Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s Dhaka visit Sep 6-7, he said.
“We are rather trying to arrange a meeting between five chief ministers of India and the leaders of our top chambers and associations during Manmohan’s visit,” Ahmad said.
Chief ministers of West Bengal, Assam, Tripura, Meghalaya and Mizoram will come to Dhaka with Manmohan, he said.
“These are our bordering states. Through talks with the Indian chief ministers our business leaders will know about the facilities the states can provide to Bangladesh,” he added.
India is the second largest trading partner of Bangladesh. In fiscal 2009-10, Bangladesh’s imports from India were worth $3.21 billion.
- September 10, 2014 The Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan addressing at the 32nd meeting of the Ministers of Health of WHO
- September 9, 2014 The Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan meeting the Health Minister of Nepal, Khagaraj Adhikari, at Dhaka
- March 4, 2014 Bangladesh wants more water accords with India
- March 6, 2013 The President, Pranab Mukherjee being presented the Bangladesh Liberation War Honour by the President of Bangladesh, Md. Zillur Rahman,
- March 4, 2013 The Prime Minster of Bangladesh, Sheikh Hasina calling on the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee
- March 4, 2013 The President, Pranab Mukherjee being welcomed by the President of Bangladesh, Md. Zillur Rahman
- December 12, 2012 Power Grid put up an Exhibition stall in “The India Show” at Dhaka in Bangladesh organized by FICCI
- May 10, 2012 India, Bangladesh to ease travel on Maitree Express
- September 6, 2011 Manmohan Singh arrives in Dhaka
- August 30, 2011 Manmohan’s Dhaka visit: Transit, ports, border key issues
- August 19, 2011 Bangladesh signs rail restoration deal with Indian firm
- September 25, 2014 Bangladesh to restore abandoned railway linkages with India
- September 11, 2014 The Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan presenting the book “A Tale of Two Drops” to the Minister for Health, Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste, Dr. Sergio G. C. Lobo
- September 11, 2014 The Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan calling on the Prime Minister of Bangladesh, Sheikh Hasina
- July 29, 2014 Tripura to get rice from Andhra Pradesh via Bangladesh Thursday
- July 24, 2014 Government says no gas from KG-D6 going to Bangladesh
- July 14, 2014 India, Bangladesh can supply shopping bags to the world: Jute Commissioner
- June 12, 2014 Bangladesh allows transit of foodgrain to northeast India
- June 11, 2014 China, Bangladesh pledge to build economic corridor
- June 3, 2014 New road to connect north Bengal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Nepal: Mamata
- May 21, 2014 India, Bangladesh set up border markets
- April 22, 2014 Hero MotoCorp enters Bangladesh
- March 20, 2014 Bangladesh searches Bay of Bengal for missing airliner
- February 15, 2014 Mamata spoilt ties with neighbouring states, Bangladesh: Left
- January 30, 2014 India, Bangladesh heading for exciting beginning: Envoy
- January 1, 2014 No wish to interfere, but hope Bangladesh overcomes differences, says India
- December 31, 2013 Bangladesh opposition’s senior leader held over violence
- November 7, 2013 NTPC to maintain its stature with quality and quick delivery
- September 3, 2013 Pakistan urges D-8 countries to cooperate on energy
- August 19, 2013 The Secretary, Ministry of Textiles, Zohra Chatterjee and the Sr. Secretary, Textiles, Bangladesh, Ashraful Moqbul