Dhaka, Sep 4
A high-profile Indian business delegation comprising Airtel chief Sunil Bharti Mittal, RPG Group chairman Harsh Goenka and Tata Steel vice-chairman B. Muthuraman will arrive in Dhaka early next month to look for investment opportunities, a media report said Sunday.
The three members of the seven-member delegation have already confirmed their visit, said Abdul Matlub Ahmad, president of the India-Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
“We are communicating with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) to get the assurance about the four others, mainly the policymakers,” he told The Daily Star.
The chamber is also trying to invite a top representative from India’s infrastructure giant Reliance Group.
“Our aim is to ensure visits of high profile people from large infrastructure firms of India as we need large investment for our infrastructure development,” he said.
“We have proposed that they invest here through joint ventures with Bangladesh partners,” the newspaper quoted him as saying.
The schedule of their trip will be fixed after Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s Dhaka visit Sep 6-7, he said.
“We are rather trying to arrange a meeting between five chief ministers of India and the leaders of our top chambers and associations during Manmohan’s visit,” Ahmad said.
Chief ministers of West Bengal, Assam, Tripura, Meghalaya and Mizoram will come to Dhaka with Manmohan, he said.
“These are our bordering states. Through talks with the Indian chief ministers our business leaders will know about the facilities the states can provide to Bangladesh,” he added.
India is the second largest trading partner of Bangladesh. In fiscal 2009-10, Bangladesh’s imports from India were worth $3.21 billion.
- Manmohan Singh arrives in Dhaka
- Manmohan’s Dhaka visit: Transit, ports, border key issues
- Bangladesh wants more water accords with India
- India, Bangladesh to ease travel on Maitree Express
- The Prime Minster of Bangladesh, Sheikh Hasina calling on the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee
- Power Grid put up an Exhibition stall in “The India Show” at Dhaka in Bangladesh organized by FICCI
- The President, Pranab Mukherjee being presented the Bangladesh Liberation War Honour by the President of Bangladesh, Md. Zillur Rahman,
- The President, Pranab Mukherjee being welcomed by the President of Bangladesh, Md. Zillur Rahman
- Bangladesh signs rail restoration deal with Indian firm
- India, Bangladesh to ink extradition treaty, visa pact
- Indian national security advisor visits Dhaka
- `Manmohan’s trip to be turning point in Delhi-Dhaka ties’
- PM’s Dhaka visit: Teesta didn’t happen, but a lot else did
- Bangla Spring: WILL INDIA GAIN?….
- PM seeks Mamata’s help to sign Teesta pact with Bangladesh
- India, Bangladesh start joint study to boost border trade
- Tripura welcomes investment from Bangladesh: Chief Minister
- India, Bangladesh to improve trade facilities along border
- India, Bangladesh heading for exciting beginning: Envoy
- India, Bangladesh agree on new architecture for partnership
- Krishna Tirath to Participate in the Tenth Commonwealth Women’s Affairs Ministers’ Meeting, Dhaka
- The President, Pranab Mukherjee laying wreath at National Martyr’s Memorial, at Savar, Dhaka on March 03, 2013.
- Bangladesh opposition’s senior leader held over violence
- Bangladesh reaffirms ‘zero tolerance’ for anti-India activities
- Foreign Minister, Bangladesh, Dr. Dipu Moni meeting the Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, in New Delhi
- ‘India, Bangladesh should join hands to manage floods’
- NTPC to maintain its stature with quality and quick delivery
- No wish to interfere, but hope Bangladesh overcomes differences, says India
- Energy cooperation begins between India and Bangladesh
- India, Bangladesh must aid each other’s development: President