Kolkata, Sep 19 Coal India Limited (CIL) will Friday meet five of its trade unions and persuade them to withdraw their three-day strike from Sep 23 against the public sector undertaking’s proposed stake sale.
“We will meet the union leaders and hope the strike does not take place,” CIL personnel and industrial relations manager R.M. Das said here after the company’s 39th annual general meeting.
The trade unions operating in CIL and its subsidiaries Aug 20 served the strike notice against proposed disinvestment of five percent of CIL shares and to press for other demands.
The unions – Indian National Trade Union Congress, Hind Mazdoor Sabha, Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh, All India Coal Workers’ Federation and All India Trade Union Congress – represent about 90 percent of CIL’s 383,000-strong workforce.
CIL, the world’s largest miner producing over 80 percent of India’s coal, produced 452.21 million tonnes in 2012-13. The threatened strike, it is feared, would hit output to the tune of more than Rs.500 crore.
- February 19, 2013 Trade union strike threatens to cripple economy
- September 21, 2013 Coal India strike deferred till mid December
- September 18, 2013 Coal India to meet striking unions Friday
- September 19, 2013 Were allocated coal blocks leaseheld with CIL, SC asks
- April 17, 2012 Coal India to ink fuel supply pact before April 20
- September 21, 2011 Coal India eyes further acquisition in Mozambique
- September 19, 2013 Coal India to import 15 million tonnes for power firms
- August 28, 2012 Coal India achieves 95 percent of targetted supply to power sector
- July 27, 2013 Coal India directed to sign FSAs for 78,000 MW
- February 27, 2014 Tribunal suspends Rs.1773 crore fine on Coal India
- October 20, 2012 Coal India misses H1 output target marginally
- July 10, 2014 Coal India needs restructuring to boost output: Survey
- February 21, 2014 Sans rail link, Coal India has blocks lying idle
- February 1, 2012 Coal India rolls back recent price hike
- September 1, 2012 Coal India board okays new fuel supply agreement model
- December 11, 2013 Coal India fined Rs.1,773 crore for abusing market dominance
- November 14, 2013 Coal India posts marginal drop in Q2 net profits
- June 4, 2013 Coal India misses production, offtake targets for April-May
- October 22, 2013 Minister for Coal, Sriprakash Jaiswal receiving a cheque of Rs. 50 crores from Coal India Limited
- November 2, 2013 Ex-coal secretary among inductees to CIL board
- September 14, 2012 Coal India coal import plans face opposition
- March 10, 2013 Coal India to launch new performance management system
- September 9, 2013 Gurgaon workers warn of labour unrest
- January 7, 2014 NGOs, migrant groups to protest against PBD
- June 7, 2014 Jaitley holds talks with India Inc, trade unions
- September 18, 2012 Coal India ready to sign modified FSA with power firms
- November 8, 2012 FICCI for privatisation of CIL
- February 14, 2013 Coal India Q3 net profit rises 8.85 percent
- June 6, 2014 After unions, state finance ministers next for budget
- September 18, 2013 Coal India to take up 126 projects