New Delhi, May 29: Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has successfully commissioned a 250 MW unit at Parichha Thermal Power Station (TPS), in Uttar Pradesh. With this, 6 million units of electricity will be added to the grid of the power deficit state, every day.
The project had suffered a setback due to an unfortunate incident of the chimney collapsing, which was not in the scope of BHEL, exactly two years ago. However, to save time, the balance commissioning activities were completed by BHEL with a temporary chimney and the unit was synchronized to grid in February, 2012 itself. Coal firing could be done only after the availability of the permanent chimney in the first week of May, 2012. Finally, full load has been achieved despite constraints of Ash Handling System which was not fully operational.
Reposing confidence in BHEL’s capability and technological excellence, Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (UPRVUNL) had placed orders for setting up 2 units of 250 MW each (Units 5&6) at Parichha TPS Extn.
BHEL’s scope of work in the contract envisaged manufacture, supply, erection, testing and commissioning of the main plant package along with associated auxiliaries and civil works for the main plant package for this power project.
The equipment for the project has been supplied by BHEL’s Haridwar, Trichy, Ranipet, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Bhopal and Jhansi plants, while BHEL’s Power Sector – Northern Region is undertaking erection and commissioning of the equipment.
- October 6, 2014 BHEL to set up 6,000 MW thermal plant in Telangana
- October 2, 2014 BHEL clinches Rs.359 Crore Plant Power Distribution Package contract
- October 1, 2014 BHEL pays 76% Final Dividend for fiscal 2013-14
- September 18, 2014 BHEL wins country’s first ever EPC contract
- August 1, 2014 BHEL commissions fifth 68 MW Hydro Generating Unit
- July 1, 2014 BHEL commissions 250 MW Coal-based thermal power plant at Chhabra, Rajasthan
- June 21, 2014 BHEL further scaling up R&D efforts
- June 13, 2014 BHEL commissions 68 MW Hydro Generating Unit at Rampur HEP in Himachal Pradesh
- June 10, 2014 Minister for Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises, Anant Geete reviews performance and plans of BHEL
- May 13, 2014 BHEL commissions 600 MW Thermal Unit in Odisha
- May 8, 2014 BHEL achieves milestone in the Middle East market
- May 5, 2014 The award was received by B. Prasada Rao, CMD, BHEL from Amitabh Kant, Secretary, DIPP, Govt. of India.
- May 2, 2014 BHEL commissions 160 MW Combined Cycle Power Plant in Rajasthan
- April 28, 2014 BHEL bags National Intellectual Property Award 2014
- April 5, 2014 BHEL retains its leadership position in a difficult market
- February 26, 2014 BHEL wins order for 206 MW Hydro Electric Project in Punjab
- January 6, 2014 BHEL commissions 765/400 kV Raichur-Sholapur Transmission Link
- December 2, 2013 Atul Sobti appointed Director (Power), BHEL
- December 2, 2013 BHEL commissions first supercritical thermal unit in Bihar
- November 27, 2013 BHEL has been conferred the BGR-ENERTIA Commemoration Award for ‘Technology & Enterprise Innovation’ – Conventional Energy.
- November 7, 2013 Vigilance Awareness Week Observed in BHEL
- November 1, 2013 BHEL wins Rs.2,569 Crore Steam Generator Package Contract
- October 17, 2013 BHEL Awarded for CSR Initiatives on Health Care
- September 23, 2013 BHEL’s Turnover crosses Rs.50,000 Crore mark
- September 20, 2013 BHEL sustains Profitability under adverse business conditions; Declares Total Dividend of 270.5%
- September 6, 2013 BHPV Merged with BHEL; Becomes Seventeenth Unit of BHEL
- August 7, 2013 BHEL wins Rs.265 Crore contract from BPCL for Kochi Refinery project
- July 30, 2013 Atul Saraya, Director (Power), BHEL, receiving the Jury Award for ‘Lasting Impact on Indian Economy’, from Praful Patel
- July 23, 2013 BHEL secures major turnkey contract for Solar Power Plants from NTPC
- June 6, 2013 BHEL registers significant increase in Intellectual Capital