Meerut, Oct 11 At least two Indian Army officers and a soldier were injured in a violent clash that occurred during a boxing match here late Thursday and have been admitted to the Command Hospital, an officer said, adding that a probe had been ordered into the fracas.
A lieutenant colonel of a Sikh Light Infantry batallion and another officer, whose rank and regiment could not be immediately ascertained, were admitted to hospital after a group of officers and soldiers were engaged in a verbal spat that deteriorated into fisticuffs, the officer said.
He said that junior commissioned officers (JCOs) and soldiers ganged up to take on senior officers, adding that the matter was “very serious” and the probe would identify the guilty.
“Nobody will go unpunished. Such acts cannot be tolerated in a highly disciplined environment,” the officer said.
- August 1, 2013 Less Indian, more Chinese firms among Asia’s ‘Best Under a Billion’
- November 30, 2013 PNB Won the 3rd Best Bank Award
- June 1, 2013 Imphal, Agartala to be made international airports
- August 28, 2014 Mother Dairy launches ‘SmartChange Card’
- November 12, 2014 Employees’ strike affects Indian banking
- October 28, 2011 Italy to mount trade charm offensive in India
- March 25, 2014 Top Indian Mujahideen leader arrested
- July 14, 2014 Rural jobs scheme too big to fail
- February 28, 2013 Chidambaram’s marginal rebate to low-income taxpayers
- August 21, 2014 SC to hear PILs challenging judicial appointments bill
- March 20, 2013 Assembly polls in Karnataka May 5
- August 23, 2013 Prime Minister of Iraq, Nouri Kamil Al-Maliki paying floral tributes, at the Samadhi of Mahatma Gandhi, at Rajghat
- January 9, 2014 Delhi HC pulls up government, MCD over e-rickshaws
- October 4, 2012 Pension & Social Security: TIME FOR ‘INCLUSIVE AGEING’…
- May 25, 2013 The PM, Dr. Manmohan Singh releasing a commemorative postage stamp, at the Silver Jubilee Celebrations of the Securities and Exchange Board of India
- November 4, 2011 MFN sets stage for Indian, Pakistani leaders meeting in Maldives
- January 4, 2014 Leaders must be cautious in comments on court verdicts: SC
- June 12, 2014 Himachal gets $100 million loan from World Bank
- November 10, 2014 Naidu woos Singapore businessmen for investments in India
- June 12, 2014 Murthy to step down, Sikka is new CEO of Infosys
- November 19, 2013 50 percent voting in Nepal polls till 1 p.m.
- September 30, 2012 Several trains cancelled ahead of Telangana march
- December 11, 2012 The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee, meeting with the Prime Minister of India, Dr. Manmohan Singh on his 78th Birthday
- August 20, 2014 ‘Pakistan committed to dialogue with India’
- January 15, 2013 TCS third quarter profit rises 27 percent to Rs.3,550 crore
- July 17, 2013 Pleasant morning in Delhi, rain expected
- October 4, 2014 Swachh Bharat : MISSION OR TAMASHA?…
- April 2, 2014 Earthquake Tremors Felt on Konkan Rly Route
- December 19, 2012 Ajay Chadha appointed ITBP chief, Joshi to head BSF
- October 21, 2014 M.L. Khattar to be next Haryana chief minister