Meerut, Oct 11 At least two Indian Army officers and a soldier were injured in a violent clash that occurred during a boxing match here late Thursday and have been admitted to the Command Hospital, an officer said, adding that a probe had been ordered into the fracas.
A lieutenant colonel of a Sikh Light Infantry batallion and another officer, whose rank and regiment could not be immediately ascertained, were admitted to hospital after a group of officers and soldiers were engaged in a verbal spat that deteriorated into fisticuffs, the officer said.
He said that junior commissioned officers (JCOs) and soldiers ganged up to take on senior officers, adding that the matter was “very serious” and the probe would identify the guilty.
“Nobody will go unpunished. Such acts cannot be tolerated in a highly disciplined environment,” the officer said.
- April 1, 2014 Indian wins $272,000 payout in Dubai
- November 21, 2011 Quake rocks northeast India
- February 4, 2014 The President, Pranab Mukherjee presenting the Bharat Ratna Award 2014 to Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar at a Investiture ceremony
- January 17, 2014 CBI registers five cases against DJB officers
- August 9, 2014 Will redeem pledges to people within time frame : BJP
- September 25, 2013 Singapore Airlines to increase flight services to India
- March 23, 2013 Political Oneupmanship: TAMIL NADU-CENTRE BIG FIGHT…
- September 30, 2012 Economic reforms not a one-off process: PM
- April 24, 2012 RECTPCL, hands over SPV to Powergrid
- June 18, 2014 Afghanistan’s population hits 28.1 million
- March 18, 2014 Indian arms imports grow by 111 percent: SIPRI
- December 7, 2012 South China Sea: India backs access to resources
- March 8, 2013 Panabaka Lakshmi taking charge as the Minister of State in the Ministry of Textiles, in New Delhi on March 07, 2013.
- February 6, 2014 Over 4,700 varsity faculty posts vacant: President
- October 31, 2012 President, Pranab Mukherjee paying floral tributes at the Samadhi of former Prime Minister, Late Indira Gandhi
- July 11, 2014 A view of Naini Bridge as clouds are seen in sky in Allahabad.
- January 31, 2014 BJP launches campaign for donations from Delhiites
- December 9, 2013 US defense secretary to hold talks in Pakistan
- May 5, 2014 India to showcase its products in Saudi Arabia
- April 6, 2013 India, Germany to ink several pacts to boost ties
- December 27, 2011 Haryana wants central funding for NCR area
- August 20, 2014 Groundwater Depletion: SEVERE WATER CRISIS IMMINENT…
- January 29, 2014 Indian embassy in Oman issues 59,000 visas
- January 8, 2014 India, Korea finance ministerial meeting on Wed
- December 12, 2012 The famous hill station of dalhousie, kalatop and khajiar experienced fresh snow fall today.
- December 3, 2013 India offers $1 mn aid to destroy Syria’s weapons
- November 29, 2013 Noida plot allotment: SC notice to Neera Yadav, Amar Singh
- July 6, 2012 India-Nepal trade could reach $10 bn by 2017: Envoy
- September 13, 2013 India’s Industrial output grows 2.6 percent
- July 27, 2013 Moily calls for more investments in oil and gas sectors