Meerut, Oct 11 At least two Indian Army officers and a soldier were injured in a violent clash that occurred during a boxing match here late Thursday and have been admitted to the Command Hospital, an officer said, adding that a probe had been ordered into the fracas.
A lieutenant colonel of a Sikh Light Infantry batallion and another officer, whose rank and regiment could not be immediately ascertained, were admitted to hospital after a group of officers and soldiers were engaged in a verbal spat that deteriorated into fisticuffs, the officer said.
He said that junior commissioned officers (JCOs) and soldiers ganged up to take on senior officers, adding that the matter was “very serious” and the probe would identify the guilty.
“Nobody will go unpunished. Such acts cannot be tolerated in a highly disciplined environment,” the officer said.
- November 16, 2013 BJP daydreams of coming to power: Sonia
- November 22, 2014 N.S. Ramalingam, General Manager/T.A., NLC flagging off the Mini Marathon involving children to maximise health benefits
- December 8, 2011 Climate talks hijacked by US-China differences: EU
- October 16, 2014 Indian-American doctors to host health summit in Mumbai
- January 2, 2013 Of Corruption & Rape Protest: WILL IT SUSTAIN OR WANE?…
- July 4, 2014 Canadian Minister for Citizenship and Immigration to visit India
- January 15, 2013 The Vice President, Mohd. Hamid Ansari and the Vice President of Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Nguyen Thi Doan
- January 24, 2012 Minister for Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation and Culture, Kum. Selja lighting the lamp to inaugurate the ‘Indo-US Print Exhibition’, in New Delhi
- September 8, 2011 China’s passenger aircraft to triple by 2030
- February 14, 2014 SBI profit slumps by 34 percent in Q3
- July 19, 2014 UP to give free power connections to 1.72 lakh families
- January 31, 2014 Auto Expo to help revival: Industry
- January 14, 2013 Now Ramayana in Polish language
- March 11, 2014 Goliath Modi vs David Kejriwal: 9 DAYS WILL SHAPE OR SHAKE INDIA…
- October 20, 2012 Union Minister for Corporate Affairs and Power, Dr. M. Veerappa Moily lighting the lamp to inaugurate the R&D Conclave, 2012 on Power Sector, in New Delhi on October 19, 2012.
- April 14, 2014 A splendorous view of the Golden Temple on the eve of Baisakhi in Amritsar.
- July 31, 2013 BJP launches overseas unit in Canada
- November 18, 2014 India, Australia ink five agreements
- March 12, 2014 Rahul hits out at Modi, says Gujarat not shining for poor
- August 30, 2014 Petrol cut by Rs.1.51 a litre, diesel hiked 50 paise
- September 5, 2013 Sales, profits of most Indian firms declined in 2012-13: RBI
- November 28, 2013 Tehelka managing editor Shoma Chaudhury resigns
- June 6, 2014 OMCs to spread cooking gas network to rural areas: Pradhan
- September 24, 2011 Pranab says he will comment on 2G issue only in India
- October 28, 2014 Disclose names of foreign bank account holders: SC
- September 25, 2012 NTPC Quick Off The Blocks to Raise Us$ 500 Million
- June 9, 2014 SC appointed panel in Odisha to probe mining illegalities
- October 24, 2014 Canada not immune to terror attacks: PM Harper
- October 29, 2012 Marathi Edition of ‘Human in Khaki ‘ – released in Delhi
- August 5, 2014 WTO move: Pakistani daily calls India powerful