Meerut, Oct 11 At least two Indian Army officers and a soldier were injured in a violent clash that occurred during a boxing match here late Thursday and have been admitted to the Command Hospital, an officer said, adding that a probe had been ordered into the fracas.
A lieutenant colonel of a Sikh Light Infantry batallion and another officer, whose rank and regiment could not be immediately ascertained, were admitted to hospital after a group of officers and soldiers were engaged in a verbal spat that deteriorated into fisticuffs, the officer said.
He said that junior commissioned officers (JCOs) and soldiers ganged up to take on senior officers, adding that the matter was “very serious” and the probe would identify the guilty.
“Nobody will go unpunished. Such acts cannot be tolerated in a highly disciplined environment,” the officer said.
- August 26, 2011 Russia, US to cooperate on ISS operations
- February 27, 2014 Air India enters price warfare
- December 15, 2012 Akbar’s deserted capital gets new tourist lounge
- December 26, 2013 Delhi to get Kejriwal-led AAP government Saturday
- February 15, 2012 ‘Reservation’ Promises : ENOUGH OF ELECTION GIMMICK …
- March 1, 2013 U P Pani takes charge as Director (HR) NTPC
- September 9, 2014 Modi exhorts citizens for Ganga ‘seva’
- March 5, 2013 Mukul Sangma sworn-in as Meghalaya chief minister
- May 20, 2013 Himachal to launch crop diversification programme
- June 19, 2014 Southwest monsoon arrives in Odisha
- March 10, 2014 India to build 200 low-cost airports
- September 18, 2014 Chinese president has assured us market access: Modi
- May 1, 2013 NTPC ranked 3rd Best Company in Rewards & Recognition-2013
- August 4, 2014 Nepal social media abuzz as Modi mingles with common people
- October 9, 2012 Affordable electricity for all in five years: PM
- February 2, 2012 Himachal to be carbon neutral by 2020: Chief Minister Dhumal
- April 29, 2013 The Minister of Health and Child Welfare, Zimbabwe, Dr. Henry Madzorera meeting the Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Ghulam Nabi Azad, in New Delhi on April 29, 2013.
- May 31, 2012 GAIL’s Turnover increases 24% to Rs. 40,281crore
- April 15, 2014 Petrol price cut by 70 paise a litre
- June 14, 2013 The Falling Rupee: VALUE FAST ERODING…
- June 10, 2014 The Foreign Minister of the People’s Republic of China, Wang Yi calling on the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi on June 09, 2014.
- February 17, 2014 Chidambaram set to present interim budget for next fiscal
- January 4, 2014 Rs.300 crore support price for Karnataka sugarcane farmers
- July 25, 2012 Kolkata celebrates as Pranab becomes president
- December 10, 2013 Airports authority gives a dividend of Rs.147 crore
- May 16, 2014 Reliance Jio, Tower Vision sign tower infrastructure sharing pact
- April 24, 2014 PM votes in Assam, says no Modi wave
- March 8, 2013 Panabaka Lakshmi taking charge as the Minister of State in the Ministry of Textiles, in New Delhi on March 07, 2013.
- June 11, 2014 Kudankulam units 3 and 4 agreement in July: Rosatom
- January 7, 2014 AAP to contest UP’s all 80 Lok Sabha seats