Meerut, Oct 11 At least two Indian Army officers and a soldier were injured in a violent clash that occurred during a boxing match here late Thursday and have been admitted to the Command Hospital, an officer said, adding that a probe had been ordered into the fracas.
A lieutenant colonel of a Sikh Light Infantry batallion and another officer, whose rank and regiment could not be immediately ascertained, were admitted to hospital after a group of officers and soldiers were engaged in a verbal spat that deteriorated into fisticuffs, the officer said.
He said that junior commissioned officers (JCOs) and soldiers ganged up to take on senior officers, adding that the matter was “very serious” and the probe would identify the guilty.
“Nobody will go unpunished. Such acts cannot be tolerated in a highly disciplined environment,” the officer said.
- September 1, 2014 Looking forward to meeting Modi in Tokyo, says Japanese PM Shinzo Abe
- October 4, 2013 Cabinet approves Jet-Etihad deal
- June 17, 2014 Energy key part of Indo-Russian strategic partnership: Pradhan
- April 15, 2013 Eleven Delhi schools bag green award
- September 27, 2012 The Union Minister for Labour and Employment, Mallikarjun Kharge addressing the 43th Session of State Labour Minister’s Conference, in New Delhi on September 27, 2012.
- January 31, 2014 Have prepared list of corrupt: Kejriwal
- March 4, 2014 BIMSTEC leaders set year-end deadline for trade pact
- September 19, 2013 The President, Pranab Mukherjee with the participants of 25th Know India Programme for Diaspora, at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- August 5, 2014 The Minister for Tourism & Culture of Seychelles, Alain St. Ange meeting the Minister for Civil Aviation, Ashok Gajapathi Raju Pusapati
- April 11, 2012 Tsunami alert following Indonesia quake
- August 17, 2012 Bengal’s new IT policy to boost animation, hardware jobs
- August 13, 2014 BHEL’s revenue down
- July 15, 2014 10-day long Shrikhand pilgrimage begins in Himachal
- September 20, 2011 Arguing Jaw-Jaw: INEDIBLE CHINESE NOODLES…
- April 16, 2012 Afghan terror attack ends: 48 dead, 65 injured
- September 30, 2014 Jayalalithaa bail plea adjourned to Oct 6
- May 16, 2013 Direct cash transfer of LPG subsidy from June
- April 17, 2014 Order for release on interim bail unworkable: Subrata Roy to SC
- June 8, 2013 The Ambassador of USA in India, Nancy J. Powell, called on the Union Home Minister, Sushil Kumar Shinde
- December 11, 2013 BJP, RPI collect funds to save IMS Vikrant
- April 5, 2013 Panel to oversee Lucknow metro rail project
- May 28, 2014 Russia expects new Ukrainian president to solve gas dispute
- July 6, 2012 Reliance Communications unit files paper for Singapore IPO
- July 11, 2012 Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia releasing a report “Scenarios: Shaping India’s Future”, in New Delhi on July 10, 2012.
- February 22, 2014 BJP to bag half the seats in UP, Bihar: survey
- February 20, 2012 More Kingfisher flights hit, government rules out bailout
- April 11, 2012 Minister of Steel, Beni Prasad Verma, meeting with President of Afghanistan, Hamid Karzai during his visit to Kabul
- August 21, 2013 Work on Lucknow Metro to begin December
- April 30, 2012 India allows fresh cotton exports
- February 14, 2014 LG vetoes Lokpal bill, AAP won’t give up