New Delhi, July 16 The government Tuesday cleared the much-awaited 100 percent foreign direct investment (FDI) in telecom sector, Union commerce minister Anand Sharma said here.
The decision was reached after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh held a meeting with senior cabinet ministers, including Finance Minister P. Chidambaram, Defence Minister A.K. Antony, Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma and Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal at his official residence here.
Earlier, out of the 74 percent limit, upto 49 percent was done by automatic route and rest through Foreign Investment Promotion Board’s (FIPB) approval. The minister said now out of 100 percent FDI, 49 percent will be done through automatic route and the rest will be done through FIPB approval route.
Raising the FDI limit to 100 percent will help in bringing fresh funds into the sector.
Earlier on July 2, the Telecom Commission approved 100 percent foreign direct investment (FDI) in the telecom sector.
- India liberalises FDI norms for insurance, retail, telecom
- CCS to decide FDI proposals beyond 26 percent in defence
- India opens gates a lot wider for foreign investment
- PM discusses FDI with cabinet colleagues
- Only 4 states, UTs support FDI in retail: Government
- FDI In Insurance, Pension: NO GAIN FOR AAM AADMI…
- Early decision on FDI in railways, construction: Sharma
- India formally announces foreign equity in retail
- ‘FDI in retail to help improve supply chain, boost growth’
- Telecom mergers and acquisitions guidelines by July-end: Sibal
- Assure investors on stable policy, Sharma urges envoys
- FDI in retail disrupts both houses
- India pushes for services and investment agreement with ASEAN
- FICCI disappointed over bar on FDI in retail
- Shutdown in Kerala against FDI in retail
- India eyes FDI in railways
- India’s first all-women post office comes up in Delhi
- The Minister for Commerce & Industry, Anand Sharma, the Finance Minister, P. Chidambaram, the Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia, during the US-India CEO Forum Meeting
- Retail Roller-Coaster: IT’S BIG RIDERS Vs SMALL…
- FDI inflows to India slump by 43 percent
- PM promises more reforms, steps to spur growth, investment
- Home Minister, P. Chidambaram inaugurating the Integrated Check Post (ICP), at Attari in Punjab on April 13, 2012
- India’s first national manufacturing policy in a few weeks: Minister
- Manmohan Singh leaves for Germany with five cabinet ministers
- Indian economic czars in US to woo investors
- US-India CEOs asked to focus on FDI, defence trade
- The PM, Dr. Manmohan Singh releasing a commemorative postage stamp, at the Silver Jubilee Celebrations of the Securities and Exchange Board of India
- Economy will bounce back: PM
- India steps up reforms, this time in insurance, pension
- Finance minister has done commendable job: PM